Solved Mod uses all RAM

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Sickminecraft45, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Sickminecraft45

Sickminecraft45
    Expand Collapse

I said I hate Windows 10 home, not Windows 10 has a hole. I prefer Windows 10 pro. I can't see if I can upgrade the ram in my laptop because I only had it for about 2 months and I don't want to void the warranty.

2. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

What's so different about them anyways ?

3. Sickminecraft45

Sickminecraft45
    Expand Collapse

Windows 10 pro has more security features and is more stable.

4. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

the bios is generally pretty shit and comes with a bunch of bloatware, but for half the cost who am i to complain.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

Plus if he knows about computer he can probably delete all that bloatware and upgrade the bios.

6. Sickminecraft45

Sickminecraft45
    Expand Collapse

Well, I know how to delete all of the bloatware, but I'm scared of updating the bios (which I know how to do) because if the power goes out or something goes wrong, then i will be stuck with a $2000+ pile of junk.

7. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

Wouldn't necessarily be a pile of junk. All the parts would still work except the motherboard if I'm correct. I managed to get my prebuilt for 700 dollars.
    Specs:
    Nvidia 1660 Super
    i5 10400F
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    250GB SSD
    1TB HDD
    idk much about the motherboard/power supply but like, it's honestly not bad

8. Sickminecraft45

Sickminecraft45
    Expand Collapse

This is the last reply I'm doing! From now on, I will ignore all the replies on this thread! My problem is solved and this is turning from troubleshooting to an argument about computers!

9. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

eh...
    There is 0 difference in stabiliy, pro is the same windows 10 with more features for mainly business use.
    Unless you're a business, using Remote Desktop, or need to join a domain then Home is plenty fine for your average user.
    The main security feature a user could gain an advantage of would be bitlocker.

I know you said you wouldn't reply anymore, but just putting this out there in case somebody finds this thread.
    I see far too many people wasting money on pro windows when they are just using home features anyway. The extra money pro costs could be put into a ram upgrade etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Sickminecraft45

Sickminecraft45
    Expand Collapse

This is just turning into a MAJOR ARGUMENT over computers and WIndows. I started this thread for some advice and help but it just turned into a major rant. Also, prebuilt Gaming PCs are just a heap of trash. Listen to the advice of computer experts (including me) and just build one yourself or if you are a novice at PCs, just buy the parts and get someone else to build for you, or buy a custom prebuilt from PC part stores as they offer highly customizable options using off the shelf parts from their inventory. Also, these stores can build the PC for you for not much extra. So at the end of the day, follow my advice. One last thing, please do not go off at me. This is just my advice. And this is my last post on this thread.
    --- Post updated ---
    OOPS! Also, gamers (including me) prefer Windows 10 pro. If you watch tutorials on how to build a PC on YouTube, They say it's best to purchase Windows 10 pro. Windows 10 pro product keys are not much more than home ones. Plus you can create your own Windows 10 Installation DVD or USB with the media creation tool FOR FREE! YES, THAT'S RIGHT FOR FREE!

11. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

this is not a huge arguement, simply a discussion. please refrain from getting frustrated over people have different opinions than yours, thank you.

12. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

This thread should be called "computer experts arguing about hardware and Windows 10" lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

I don't think there's any computer experts here. Just some opinions based on personal experience.

14. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

At this point, I am really not sure if you are
    A) A troll
    B) Under the age requirement for this forum.

You are spreading misinformation and I recommend you stop trying to give advice about subjects you lack the knowledge of. People with less knowledge will be mislead by your false statements.
    You are ignoring points I stated about Home VS Pro which shows your lack of knowledge about the subject you're trying to preach.

"Also, prebuilt Gaming PCs are just a heap of trash"
    Not true.
    Prebuilt PC's comes with a good warranty and support options for people that isn't tech savvy.
    Also these days, sometimes you can get a good deal on a prebuilt and it's cheaper than buying and building yourself. Really depends a lot but both options are worth checking out.

"Listen to the advice of computer experts (including me) and just build one yourself or if you are a novice at PCs"
    Sorry but you don't sound like an expert.

"If you watch tutorials on how to build a PC on YouTube, They say it's best to purchase Windows 10 pro."
    Not actually an argument "This person said this, so therefor it's true!"
    I already stated why this is not true, so not going to do it again.

"One last thing, please do not go off at me."
    I will continue the discussion as long as you keep spreading lies and false information.

Source: I'm an IT technician.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sickminecraft45

Sickminecraft45
    Expand Collapse

I'm not trying to spread lies, It's just my opinion.
    --- Post updated ---
    Well, I'm a computer expert!

16. TacoDoritos

TacoDoritos
    Expand Collapse

1660 isnt shit at all tbh.
    8gb of ram is pain tho lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. PowerstrokeHD

PowerstrokeHD
    Expand Collapse

especially in single channel

18. Sickminecraft45

Sickminecraft45
    Expand Collapse

I know single channel ram is garbage!
    --- Post updated ---
    The GTX 1660 is a decent little GPU, but I prefer at least an RTX 2070 or 3070. 8GB of RAM is trash these days! The reason I prefer an RTX is that because I play Minecraft and I really want to try out Minecraft RTX!

19. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

Yeah be happy with your lots of money lol, i've got a graphics card that got 2gb from like 2010 and personally i find it very nice for what it is. I mean, it's better than integrated graphics. Also only 6 gigs of ram.

20. Sickminecraft45

Sickminecraft45
    Expand Collapse

I'm glad that you are happy with your 11-year-old hardware! I'm not making fun of you but I'm just suprised.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice