1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Minor issue: compass app is off by about 20 degrees

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck, Feb 10, 2019.

1. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I noticed earlier today that the compass app is off by about 20 degrees clockwise. So if you are pointing straight north, it'll say your heading is 20 (north by northwest), if your actual heading is 340 (north by northeast) then it will say you're pointing straight north, etc. Disabling all mods, including other UI app mods like altimeter and beam regenerator, does nothing, and it has done this on multiple cars and multiple maps (though I've only tried one combination after disabling mods). Nothing fatal, just kind of annoying as my UI setup has the compass mounted right on top of the minimap so they can work together.

upload_2019-2-9_19-17-5.png

(Also, not so much a bug but if you're trying to warm a car up "realistically", say, for a video, it won't warm up at all from idle - or maybe it will, but it will take for frickin' ever. You actually have to sit there holding the throttle slightly open the whole time. Considering that preheated brakes and preheated engines are separate options, however, this may not be functionally important).

#1 NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  2. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

I don't know about the compass but I can explain about engine warm up.

On some vehicles IRL. Most of the coolant is in the radiator only a small portion of the coolant is in the engine. When cold start, coolant within the engine circulate and warm up, before thermostat opens, the coolant in the radiator is still cold. That's why warmup an engine IRL doesn't take long.

In BeamNG, the temp in every portion of the coolant always the same so it take long time to warm up, thermostat only control the "heat exchange rate" to cool the coolant

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice