1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Minor adjustments to be done in BeamNG's official YouTube channel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by McBeamer94, Sep 25, 2021.

1. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

What I'm about to type may be about the 0.23 Update (and about any future update, tbh) but it's not about the game itself rather than the video playlists on the official YouTube channel of BeamNG. Therefore, I don't feel it can be written in the 0.23 Discussion Thread, because all comments there are clearly about the game itself.

The playlist named "Levels & Vehicles" doesn't feature the latest 0.23 "BeamNG.drive - Ibishu Wigeon", "BeamNG.drive - Gridmap V2" and "BeamNG.drive - Ibishu Pigeon Remaster" videos. Also, for some strange reason, the "BeamNG.drive - Ibishu Hopper Crawler" video is featured twice in this list and the "Early preview of map revamping" and "BeamNG.drive - Teaser" videos aren't featured.

On its part, the "Features & Updates" playlist doesn't feature the latest 0.23 "BeamNG.drive - PBR Materials and Graphics Update", "BeamNG.drive PBR Materials Preview" and "BeamNG.drive - Traffic Lights Preview".

As for the the initial videos from 2012-2015 (up until the "BeamNG.Drive - Steam Early Access Trailer 2015" video), when BeamNG was in newborn stage, the "Gymkhana? In a full-size sedan" could be removed from the "Levels & Vehicles" playlist and be put in a specific new playlist along with all other initial newborn-stage videos (apart from the "BeamNG.Drive - Civetta Bolide" and "BeamNG.Drive - 1977 Bruckell Moonhawk" videos, that belong in the "Levels & Vehicles" playlist).

Finally, the "Vehicle Handling in BeamNG", "Announcing BeamNG.drive & Automation Collaboration", "BeamNG.drive - Light Runner Mode", "BeamNG - Tech Showcase 2019", the "BeamNG.drive - Lighting Improvements and HDR Tease (1)" and "(2)" and the "BeamNG.drive - Showreel" videos could very well be part of the "Features & Updates" list because they clearly announce the addition of the respective features in the game. And the "Vehicle Handling in BeamNG", "BeamNG - Tech Showcase 2019" and "BeamNG.drive - Showreel" videos clearly show what was available within the game at the time points these videos were published and, also, what can be achieved when playing with the game!

#1 McBeamer94, Sep 25, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  2. KrukasKlep

KrukasKlep
    Expand Collapse

Its pointless to make new videos for every update with stuff that hasn't changed :confused:

3. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

I didn't say that. I just said that the classification of the YouTube channel's existing videos to the respective playlists (plus creating a new one, exclusively for the newborn-stage videos from 2012 to 2015, up until the "Steam Early Access Trailer 2015" video, because these early videos are featured in neither of the playlists) needs some rearrangement and this could be followed on every time a new Major Update comes because I noticed that the last time this was implemented was in the 0.22 Update and not in the 0.23 one, as I think it should be done (we all know it's the Major Updates that have all the interest after all, so take this as a given fact)!
    And this is for finding the videos (both the existing ones and the ones on the future Major Updates) quicker and easier! Simple as that! ;)

#3 McBeamer94, Sep 26, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice