1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Mild Skin Problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by eggward, Dec 1, 2021.

1. eggward

eggward
    Expand Collapse

I've been working on a custom taxi livery for the Grand Marshal recently and everything's been going fine. However, there are a few areas that aren't skinning properly.

screenshot_2021-12-01_08-58-03.png screenshot_2021-12-01_08-57-56.png

It's mainly the underside and the grill that are most notable, but almost the entirety of the car's interior metal bits don't seem to be coloring properly. I know it's probably really easy to solve, but I'm just really confused.

2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I don't think these parts should be even skinnable at all, you definitely made a big mess in the materials file, no idea what exactly you did but it shouldn't be like this

3. eggward

eggward
    Expand Collapse

well, i used the skin helper mod to make the skins and it was like this before i even started editing the skin. is there a way i can fix it?

4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I guess the skin helper template is wrong, report this issue to the creator of the mod, and use materials from a vanilla skin instead

5. eggward

eggward
    Expand Collapse

alright, thanks
    --- Post updated ---
    sorry to ask, but how would i go about using the vanilla materials?

6. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

The same way as with the skin helper? Look for skin.materials.json in the official vehicles, find the type of skin you need (if you have a colorable one then base it on a colorable skin, and if not then on the police one for example), copy to your materials file and rename everything so it works.

7. eggward

eggward
    Expand Collapse

alright, i'll give it a try
    --- Post updated ---
    i copied and edited the json file, but my skin is now completely white in game. maybe someone else could try and identify the issue?

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice