Miami Style Map

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by killercar34, May 16, 2019.

?

Would you like a Miami based map in Beamng?

1. Yes

78 vote(s)
    97.5%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  3. Maybe/Not Sure

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  1. killercar34

killercar34
    Expand Collapse

After playing Grand Theft Auto Vice City, I realized how nice it would be to have a map set in Miami. After all, we already have maps based on California, Italy, Maine, and countless of other mods based on other locations around the world, so why not have the next official Beamng Map be set in Miami? The map doesn't need to be as big as Italy, after all, my Aspire E 15 can't even load Italy on the lowest graphical settings without crashing or getting less then 15fps, so giant maps aren't something I can enjoy until I get a PC designed specifically for gaming, so a map around the size of West Coast, maybe a little bigger or smaller, would be great. Maybe the map could even be littered with a few ramps, construction zones, parking garages, and some docks.

( Pictures for references of different areas that could be added like beaches, downtown, ghettos, Middle Class Suburbs, etc )

Attached Files:

• Miami.jpg
    • Miami2.jpg
    • Miami3.jpg
    • Miami4.jpg
    • Miami5.jpg
  2. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Gotta do it fast before it fucking s i n k s.

• Like Like x 2
  3. killercar34

killercar34
    Expand Collapse

That made me laugh way more then it should've.

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, Florida is know for the crowds of pensioners it draws in. Then there is Miami and that is known well from Miami Vice, which must be totally realistic documentary about it.

Then there are also sinkholes, which perhaps could be simulated by leaving out collisions from textured piece of pavement.

5. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Just driving along and suddenly zooping through the fucking floor.

6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, that sounds pretty much like it is IRL, but of course IRL there is fancy animations and sound effects of people screaming, so I agree it might be lacking a bit in execution.

Oh, one thing Miami map can't have are hills, that would be like really flat and roads would be pretty boring straight lines, they left all the curves to beaches.

So essentially map would be JRI with only straight roads and completely flat, merged with WCUSA buildings.

I'm not sure, but it might also feel small with possible map sizes.

Surely would be pretty and all, but just not sure how well it would work out with limited size of maps in game.
    --- Post updated ---
    Interesting page for anyone wanting map of Miami http://www.miamivicelocations.org/page7.html

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice