Solved Meshes became offset in 0.7

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Narwhal, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

Hi,
    In the 0.7 update, my mods got screwy. Some of the meshs are offset. The jbeams are in the correct positions, and i believe the meshs that got offset are on parts using nodeoffset. The mesh is also in the correct place in the .dae
    screenshot_00011.png
    c09rrect.PNG
    what i have tried
    • re applying loc, rot, scale in blender
    • moving with the flexbody position factor({"pos":{"x":0, "y":0, "z":0}, "rot":{"x":0, "y":0, "z":0}, "scale":{"x":1, "y":1, "z":1}}],)
    EDIT
    FIXED
    thanks to @Dummiesman
    i had to put {"ignoreNodeOffset":true} at the beginning of the flexbody section and {"ignoreNodeOffset":false} at the end of the flexbody section.

#1 Narwhal, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  2. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

What is your setup? In v0.7 nodeOffset was fixed so that it applies to all child parts, including meshes and jbeams. This is almost universally desirable as far as I can see... Previously it was broken so that in certain circumstances only the nodes/beams moved and not the meshes. In other words they should currently be moving together according to nodeOffset.

I know that dummiesman has a special application where he keeps the meshes in place and moves the jbeam around, but it doesn't sound like that's what you are trying to do here.

3. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

Well, i node offset the jbeam, but the mesh was already in the correct place. That creates problems i guess. Solved now though(in first post)

4. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

I saw that in the first post. Just curious why you need to move the jbeam with nodeOffset and not the mesh. Couldn't you just put the nodes/beams in the correct position to start out with and skip nodeOffset entirely?

5. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

In the case of the front radiator support, the jbeam is copied from the moonhawk, so i used node offset to place it.

6. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

I understand. Hopefully this won't sound pedantic, but you you know that the NodeBEAM editor can let you apply the same offset permanently for the copy you made, right?

7. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

actually didnt know that. I dont use it much, but ill look at that, as that sounds useful

• Like Like x 1
  8. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

I only recently started using it myself. It has many limitations and shortcomings. ... but using it is way better than not using it. It can translate, rotate, and scale selections of nodes arbitrary amounts.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice