Measuring time ingame

Discussion in 'Utilities and programming' started by fetthaufen, Aug 22, 2013.

1. fetthaufen

fetthaufen
    Expand Collapse

Interesting idea :) . It seems to work, copy the laptimer folder to the levels folder then edit the .mis files and change "laptimer/laptimer" to "levels/laptimer/laptimer" and go into laptimer.lua and change "lua/laptimer" to "levels/laptimer".
    I would provide changed files but it's bed time for me :D

2. D7er5eer

D7er5eer
    Expand Collapse

So, how do you measure time in game then?

3. Stormdrain

Stormdrain
    Expand Collapse

Hmm. Just guessing here, but my gut says the timer he posted like 4 months ago, mere posts before you.

#23 Stormdrain, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  4. D7er5eer

D7er5eer
    Expand Collapse

Is there a simple stopwatch GUI thingy that has its own little place in one of the corners of the screen? I don't want checkpoints at the moment; I just want to know how long it takes to drive from one place to another.

5. Kippeth

Kippeth
    Expand Collapse

Old thread i know but, using this timer worked for a couple of days then stopped...

The trigger thing in the industrial level has toggled to "hidden" though un-hiding it doesnt help.

also the level packaged with this timer has never worked. :<

Edit:

So i have worked out the Lua problem i was having, other Lua timers were conflicting with it.

At the moment working to port theese timers to other maps.

So i cloned all the zones under "raceTimers" same names, just new locations. And what happens is "timer2" just accumilates time in the "sector" field, Timer1 doesnt call the lap over and for some reason timer3 does nothing.

#25 Kippeth, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice