Materials Issues + Throttle rotating incorrectly

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Ictoan, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Ictoan

Ictoan
    Expand Collapse

So I'm quite new when it comes to modding, and I'm attempting to learn the basics.

To do this, I'm practising by swapping the 423 V8 from the barstow into the SBR4, because why not.

It's not meant to be vaguely realistic, and I don't intend to release it, so bad placement, visual clipping etc. don't bother me.

But I'm having issues with two things:
    1: Basically everything about materials
    2: the Throttle on the blower rotates, but it's centre of rotation is somewhere in the central floor of the car.

(The materials.cs, jbeam, and DAE are attached)

Materials:
    I've got materials.cs in it's own folder, so it doesn't interfere with the SBR4's original, but it simply isn't giving the engine, blower or anything else I added a material.

The console says:
    • MaterialList.mapMaterials | [NO-TEXTURE] Unable to find material mapping to: supercharger_blower_001 in vehicles/common/empty.cdae
    • MaterialList.mapMaterials | [NO-TEXTURE] Unable to find material mapping to: barstow_engine_v8_001 in vehicles/common/empty.cdae
    I saw a tutorial warn that sometimes the names get "001" added to them in DAE editing, but I've checked plenty of times, and didn't find it any of those times.
    Slightly confusingly, when I first ported the model, the blower had a material, but then when I moved the model in the DAE to line up with the SBR4's front end, it broke.

Throttle:
    The throttle, as said, rotates around the floor of the car, or what I'd assume to be the origin. I used an image editor the track it's centre of rotation by using screenshots of it at multiple throttle points:

Once again, before I moved the engine, this wasn't an issue.
    I have checked the Location, Rotation, and Scale options in blender more times than I care to recount, and they showed as correct every time.
    (EDIT: I have moved the origin of the model in Blender, but it had no effect.)

Attached Files:

2. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

Clear your cache, that should fix the material issues. For the blower, make sure the throttle plates have 0,0,0 on the blower, not relative to the car. Unlike normal parts, props need to have their origins set to where you want them to be instead of in the center of the model.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

Set the coordinates to the center of rotation of the prop

4. Ictoan

Ictoan
    Expand Collapse

First off, thanks for the help.

I've fixed the rotation issue, turns out that toggling the "location", "rotation", and "scale" options resets the origin, so you have to move the origin after doing that.

Clearing the cache did not help the textures, no matter how many times I did it.

Just something I should have included in the original post: I'm playing with all mods disabled, so don't worry about interference.

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice