Materials.cs configuration?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by defib, Oct 22, 2015.

1. defib

defib
    Expand Collapse

TL;DR: I want my materials.cs file to link into the map's zip folder, doesn't work. (not sure how to do it right.)

Hey guys, I was wondering how to format my materials.cs file. The materials are working fine, but that's because the file location in the materials.cs links to my C drive. However, that won't work for anyone else when they try to download it, so I am trying to figure out how to make the materials link to inside the map's zip file.

Here's a pic of the setup, with what I tried highlighted.

I hope I've explained it thoroughly, but if you don't understand what I'm asking, feel free to ask me.
    Thanks guys.

2. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Remove that first slash and it should work. (levels instead of /levels)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ouerbacker

Ouerbacker
    Expand Collapse

The / shoundn't be there, so the material.cs for that diffusemap should look like "levels/testmap/art/models/Tex_0196_0.dds"

If you click on edit in notepad, choose replace, type C:/Users/kev/Documents/BeamNG.drive/mods/Textures in the "find what"" category, type levels/testmap/art/models in the "replace with" category, most of your material.cs will probably be fixed.

Also, at this point, Beamng seems to prefer maps that are zipped without the "levels" file.

edit-

oh, I was really ninja d

• Like Like x 1
  4. defib

defib
    Expand Collapse

Still seems to get the no material. This is the materials.cs inside of the zip. Is it possible that the game is using another materials.cs file somewhere else?

5. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

Now that you mention it, yes. Whenever you make changes to and save materials, terrains, forests, etc. from inside the editor, it tends to reposition it. I can only account for me, but I develop maps inside BeamNG.drive>mods>levels>levelnamehere. But if I save changes in-editor, Torque sends files to BeamNG.drive>levels>levelnamehere.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ouerbacker

Ouerbacker
    Expand Collapse

Yes- It might be using something located in either documents/BeamNG.drive/levels or documents/BeamNG.drive/cache.0.4.2.2. I suppose it could be also be using something in documents/BeamNG.drive/mods, but I doubt this last one.

You could try moving the contents of your "documents/BeamNG.drive/levels," "documents/BeamNG.drive/cache.0.4.2.2," and "documents/BeamNG.drive/mods" to you desktop, leave your testmap.zip in "documents/BeamNG.drive/mods," and see if this fixes your problem.

Lastly, based upon personal experience, the material might fix itself when it is opened with the ingame material editor.

oh ninja d again

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice