WIP Beta released Mario Kart Map Project Update 6.1 (37 tracks)

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by Joobles, May 3, 2021.

1. Joobles

Joobles
    Expand Collapse

Eventually, if I ever get better at this, it will be like Mario Kart 8 kart customization but with every wheel and body from every game as interchangeable parts. Apparently my end goal with BeamNG is to turn it into just Mario Kart, never knew until today lol

2. Ekspect

Ekspect
    Expand Collapse

do you have any eta. for the GO karts? I love them. but no rush give yourself time and make it how you want it to be and release it when you want

3. Joobles

Joobles
    Expand Collapse

No, actually. odds are they will need to be completely remade from the ground up at some point because they aren't very good, they were more like me just testing to see if I could make something work. In the future I would like to remake and release it, but that won't be anytime soon unfortunately.

4. Ekspect

Ekspect
    Expand Collapse

oh thats ok at least they will be out sometime btw i was asking because the Autobello formula kart hasn't got an update for a long time and i am kinda scared that its gonna be cancelled

5. Sandraker

Sandraker
    Expand Collapse

Some of these tracks are actually unironically great to drive on
    In case you give a crap, here are some tracks that I suspect would work great too:
    N64 Mario Raceway (Wii Version) - Probably pretty great for drifting, provided it has a high enough polycount to be smooth
    GCN Mario Circuit - It'd basically be like the DS one you added, but better.
    DK's Snowboard Cross - Would require a teleport to get you up the cannon section, and perhaps the bumpy section would require a bypass too, but I bet it'd be hilarious in a buggy.

6. Joobles

Joobles
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for the suggestions, I'll start work on those as well! It might take me a bit to figure out the DK cannon problem though
    screenshot_2021-08-21_19-12-04.png screenshot_2021-08-21_19-57-03.png screenshot_2021-08-21_19-37-09.png screenshot_2021-08-21_19-53-42.png screenshot_2021-08-21_19-55-34.png screenshot_2021-08-21_20-04-17.png screenshot_2021-08-21_20-05-06.png

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sandraker

Sandraker
    Expand Collapse

Well I certainly didn't expect that so quickly, awesome.
    Utah Extra has a whole bunch of teleport triggers that you could reverse-engineer, potentially. I'm afraid I don't know enough to help, other than to point that out.

8. Joobles

Joobles
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I'm starting to get a method down for getting these in-game, however they need quite a bit of polish. Thank you for the info about Utah Extra, I'll be sure to look into that!

• Like Like x 1
  9. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  10. Joobles

Joobles
    Expand Collapse

PLANT
    I figured out how to get animations working! Unfortunately I couldn't just port mario kart's animations but the piranha plants are a 1:1 replica thanks to a friend's help
    Kq7UghAIEb.gif (gif so it's not actually that laggy in-game)
    Copying it was tedious though lol
    workinonpocci.png workinonpocci2.png
    modeling, assorted game engine things, UV mapping, and now animations... what am I gonna learn next during this project?

#90 Joobles, Aug 23, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. handheldboi

handheldboi
    Expand Collapse

that's cool! can you try to add something like this to waluigi pinball?

12. Ekspect

Ekspect
    Expand Collapse

Hey you know some thing about map modding how do i assign materials to sand a grass so it behaves like it and not like asphalt? thank very much

13. Joobles

Joobles
    Expand Collapse

Yes, in the world editor select the object you want to change the properties of, open the material editor (tools>Material Editor I think), then find the material you want to change in the drop down, then go to Advanced, then select from the material drop down. I would add pictures and be more detailed but I can't get to my pc right now, hope this helped!

Also, I will try to do something with waluigi pinball, the slots and flippers will be semi-easy but I don't know about the pinballs rolling around...

• Like Like x 1
  14. handheldboi

handheldboi
    Expand Collapse

I just found a video that explains how to add ai and other stuff to the maps

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ekspect

Ekspect
    Expand Collapse

ok thanks

16. Sandraker

Sandraker
    Expand Collapse

Just wanted to reiterate how brilliant this rather unconventional project is. There's something about driving realistic cars on maps that were never meant for them that just seems right for BeamnNG.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Ekspect

Ekspect
    Expand Collapse

hello i've tried everything i go into additional info and select ground type is that right? if not could you please provide a picture? Thank you very much

nvm i got it

#97 Ekspect, Sep 1, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. handheldboi

handheldboi
    Expand Collapse

is this still being worked on rn? or is school getting in the way?

19. Joobles

Joobles
    Expand Collapse

Yes it is! However, my free time is becoming less and less and I kinda got all the easier to import tracks out of the way. I should have a smaller update out soon that includes some cool stuff though!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Joobles

Joobles
    Expand Collapse

games_crt_B41YXY1.png

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice