Solved Map PBR textures not working (terrain is black)

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by AussiePanda, Feb 24, 2022.

1. AussiePanda

AussiePanda
    Expand Collapse

Hey,

Been working on some maps lately, namely an edit of WCUSA (West Coast Expanded) and my first original map, an Australian town.

Got the terrain imported from L3DT, got vegetation, groundcover and terrain working (on the old non PBR system) and used the terrain tools to perfect my terrain the way I wanted.

Then I hit a major roadblock today when trying to move over to PBR textures. I converted my terrain and used the textures and materials.json from Natural Playground (states you can use textures from it) and now my map is entirely black and un-paintable.
    Screenshot2022-02-2423-18-10.png

My textures appear as they should in the material library (I think) but just don't paint.
    Screenshot2022-02-2423-23-552.png

SOLVED, turns out my texture sizes were wrong. Changed base texture size to 2048x2048 and the other two to 1024x1024 and it works

I am happy to send my map to someone if they have proven work with PBR textures before but I want to know what I did wrong for future reference. Any suggestions I would be extremely greatful for

#1 AussiePanda, Feb 24, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice