map making clean up tool

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by fillman86, Jul 28, 2021.

1. fillman86

fillman86
    Expand Collapse

I just ran into this issue, and it ended up being a whole ordeal. I take a base game map, then save it elsewhere and start working on it. This saves a bunch of time, and give me assets all ready to go. But then when I'm done I've left with a map that's over a gigabyte. I went on to delete everything that didn't seem related to the assets I was using, and it was a nightmare, and filled with secret hidden pot holes.

I'd like either 1) all base game assets are in a common directory, instead of saved in the map, or 2) have a clean up function that checks all assets to see if they've been called or not, and remove the rest.

after going back and fourth, I was able to do this manually in about 5 hours (sure, I'm new to the issue, but that's excessive). I know this is a niche thing, but it'd stop people from uploading huge mods, and save bandwidth right? (this would help with beammp a lot too)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice