1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Map loading massive crash.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by crashmaster, Jan 8, 2017.

1. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

Im working on a map and when i load it it crashes.
    1st error
    Screenshot563.png
    2nd crash but since it crashed the 2nd time my pc has also been acting weird? its laggy and sticking to everything. restarting it will prob fix it tho.
    Screenshot568.png
    Dev? any idea?
    Info on map.
    has about 5000 mesh in 28 different dae. about 1.7 mil verticies (indianapolis had well over 2 mil and still worked fine)

Attached Files:

#1 crashmaster, Jan 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  2. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Crash 1 was
    - 693.86673|E|OutOfMemory|BeamNG.drive has exceeded virtual memory limits.
    Using a 64-bit operating system is recommended.
    Crash 2 was
    - 432.34782|E|OutOfMemory|BeamNG.drive has exceeded virtual memory limits.
    Using a 64-bit operating system is recommended.

I had this problem when i was trying to play ECU or UTAh and the new campaign.
    @crashmaster it most likely has something to do with you having too little free space on your internal hard drive.
    How much space do you have left?

3. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

i now have 7gb. as for ram i have 16gb.

4. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

That is probably your issue as it looks like your map is very detailed and like you said above, almost as much as Indy. Try freeing up the hard drive to atleast 15Gb by moving to another storage device and see if the problem is fixed.
    Virtual memory is basically RAM utilised by the HDD and when it runs out of HDD space it will crash the game because it can't allow itself to delete anything or overwrite anything without your permission.

5. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

i tried with less then half the size. it still crashed. the map isnt detailed at all compared to indy. it had 400k vertices max when i tried again. since i cut the map in half and working on other things.
    indianapolis had over 2 mil and somewhat still works perfectly for me right now.

6. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Thats all I could put it down to, lack of HDD space. Might be worth posting in Mod Support as this isn't really a bug report. Just read you engine performance thread/ideas, the RPM modifier sounds awesome.

7. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

Thanks lmao. and i prob posted this thread in the wrong place.... its really confusing since there is less things then my indianapolis maps yet this crashes so it confuses me a lot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice