Map editing suggestion

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by DoullPepper, Feb 18, 2016.

1. DoullPepper

DoullPepper
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Hello!

I had an idea about map editing, but it exceeds totally my knowledges.

So, it is for groundcover and forest editor. Could it be possible to modify groundcover and forest editor in one tool? I explain, I would like to assign to a terrain material one or a group of objects (for example trees or rocks). It will be great if it worked with billboards and collision. I know that it is possible to assign a shape as a ground cover but it don't work very well... And there is no collision and no wind. :confused:

And I have a second idea, for groundcover textures, mainly for grass. Could it be possible to associate a diffuse map from terrain material to the grass. The grass could take the diffuse color of the ground for add a very various render?? (With a setting for the strenght of the effect)

I ask this question to the proffessional of that!:p If it is a ridiculous request you can delete this thread! :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I think your second idea would take an immense amount of work but I'm no expert:p.

In the theme of the topic at hand I'd love to be able to have multiple different groundcovers use the same material automatically AND have
    the groundmodel .lua keep and retain custom materials indefinitely:cool:.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice