Released MAN TGS H-pattern Shift Logic 12M

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by NOCARGO, Apr 23, 2020.

1. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

This mod adds a high-low switch to the 12M gearbox of the MAN TGS by @MRcrash.

Since I created this mod → https://www.beamng.com/threads/t-series-h-pattern-shift-logic-12m-1-0.69876/ recently
    it seemed a good idea to me to convert it to MRcrash 's wonderful mod. On top of that it was already requested too :) . It works the same as my original mod and it also cancels the reverse beep. If you
    don't like this then simply unpack my mod and remove the file semi.jbeam, repack and all done.

Don't forget to assign the high-low switch in the vehicle specific controls tab, with any button or
    with the 7th gear H-shifter position.

Happy Rolling !

-NOCARGO

Attached Files:

#1 NOCARGO, Apr 23, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Sorry everyone, I made a small 'mistake' in the first upload and cancelled the MAN's specific bindings !

Fixed it soon as noticed, the file is updated !

3. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

Not all configurations support, unfortunately. 12-sp OK, but 16-sp don't even change the range. Moreover there are 10-sp transmission yet. Have to find.

#3 den_chik, Apr 23, 2020
  4. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

They should, but not other transmissions besides the 12M. I'll check..
    --- Post updated ---
    edit : That's what the title says :
    MAN TGS H-pattern Shift Logic 12M

The ZF-Ecosplit does something very different in real life. I drove it a lot professionally.
    As the name suggests, it 'splits' 8 gears into 2, that means 1low-1high-2L-2H-3L-3H- and so on..
    Therefore you need a button (in real life ON the shift knob) to split gears. So what happens is (also in the real world)
    you use 4 H-shift positions, one button to switch those to 5-6-7-8 and another button to split up those 8 gears.

Now, I AM going to look into that in the future, this was planned longer ago. But I'm still figuring out how to handle this in the
    best way to get realistic result. In theory you should have the split button in reach of your thumb, so ON the shift knob.
    Put it somewhere else and the handling becomes uncomfortable. A wireless usb switch controller attachable to the shift
    knob would be magical.. Don't know, I'll see what I can come up with.

I would also like to point out that @MRcrash 's 5 over-5 and 6-over-6 gearboxes do the same as my 12M
    shift logic. Only, he uses the high low range type or that so the gears are not displayed correctly. Aside
    from that it works just the same. Bind your favorite button to the gear range status ( default = alt + a )
    and they work just the same.

I myself am not going to publish shift logic doing half work for the Ecosplit so it might still take a while
    before you might see it pop pup. :)

#4 NOCARGO, Apr 23, 2020
  5. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

I look, 12-sp changing in real has 2-switch logic too. It would great to implement that behavior to the game.

6. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Same problem to solve as with my explanation on the 16 Ecosplit. > 2 buttons

IF the Ecosplit ever gets done, your example becomes a piece of cake :)

7. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

Just must say that logic is different from real life, when low-high range used to switch range the same gear. Have build the totally new logic of changing gears to match real things.

Yours better, because exact numbers of gears display.

8. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Yes it's always better of course to have specific ratios for each gear :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice