WIP Beta released Maluch Remastered 1.6

Discussion in 'Land' started by AdamPLGames, May 2, 2021.

1. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

I'm honestly curious to see what "error" you are running into. Can you send us a screen recording of you attempting to install the mod?

2. sweepwer

sweepwer
    Expand Collapse

i managed to get rid of all signs of onedrive but it is still here

3. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

It already has window glass, it just uses the default textures for it, so it doesn't look the best. Dedicated textures would be better, and broken glass textures too instead of turning them invisible. In the next update the windshield will crack instead of just disappearing, but that will also be just the default textures because of the lack of dedicated ones, so won't look nearly as good as on official vehicles.

• Like Like x 5
  5. EozCompanyCZ

EozCompanyCZ
    Expand Collapse

Nah, don’t even care about him. Those of us who know what is being done on it know just how much work there is.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

The worst part is that it will require a suspension rework for the third time after I finish because I'm pretty sure the current setup is not made for something this light, I'll probably need someone else to help again

• Like Like x 2
  7. EozCompanyCZ

EozCompanyCZ
    Expand Collapse

Although I can’t really help with the programming part, I’ll try my best to find any info that would be needed

8. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

For a start I need any possible info about the weight of the suspension components such as arms, hubs and the leaf spring. If not this, then maybe just the front suspension as a whole and same for the rear. And also wheel weight, if possible then both with and without tires. Wheels are tricky but I want to try to make them lighter if the current ones are too heavy (they are as light as the smallest default wheels).

#468 Agent_Y, Jun 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  9. EozCompanyCZ

EozCompanyCZ
    Expand Collapse

I’ll look what I can find.
    --- Post updated ---
    So here is what I’ve found at least for the early models with the 500R style brakes:

Tire 4.2 kg

Rim about 4.5 to 5 kg (sources differ)

Leaf spring 7.5 kg

Pair of rear springs 5.5 kg

Pair of rear Suspension arms 20 kg

Brakes 4.2 kg per wheel

Complete upper front arms about 1.3 kg each

Pair of steering knuckles 7.5 kg

Shock absorbers about 1 kg each

Let me know if you need to know more parts.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

This is more than enough, thank you! As expected, my suspension is way too heavy, I'll reduce it to these values first, then mess with the body some more.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. EozCompanyCZ

EozCompanyCZ
    Expand Collapse

Glad I could help!

12. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Also why are the rear arms so much heavier than the front ones? Or are they counted with the hub parts?

13. EozCompanyCZ

EozCompanyCZ
    Expand Collapse

That’s quite simple, rear arms are quite substantial (they car much higher amount of weight) Whilst the front one are literally two pieces of sheet steel and a shaft.

Most of the weight in front are the steering knuckles those are 3.75 kg each

upload_2021-6-10_22-3-20.jpeg
    upload_2021-6-10_22-3-32.jpeg
    upload_2021-6-10_22-3-44.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  14. Studiotraube

Studiotraube
    Expand Collapse

Im having some problems because if i get rid of the old maluch as told i have a missing hood which i cant change and when i keep the old maluch ich have the hood but missing textures any suggestions?

15. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

Delete the old version and keep the new version after clearing cache?

Also, re-download the new one again just incase the file is corrupt.

#475 SKB, Jun 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

To get this thread more back on topic I found out that the rally engine is most likely based on a 50hp 850cc I2 engine used in an Italian rally version of the car, will try to find more info later and redo the stats of it more realistically. But the SuperSport one I still think is fictional.
    --- Post updated ---
    Ok so turns out that the 50hp and 850cc was greatly exaggerated. It was actually 40hp and 700cc, 0-100km/h in 13 seconds and top speed 150 km/h, the car was called Fiat 126p Abarth, made by the Abarth tuning company in Italy:
    fiat126abarth.jpg
    It had a 3.5cm carbon fiber widebody kit, a custom sport steering wheel, custom mirrors, bigger wheels and brakes, black ST bumpers, and seems to be the same interior as on the TAN version in the mod, also with a tachometer. I couldn't find any torque curve or anything, if anyone can find one it would be appreciated.

EDIT: Just found some more info: Weber 40-series carburetor, sport flywheel, custom exhaust, disc brakes, 6.9l/100km fuel effiiciency. Still no torque curve tho.

However turns out that the rally version is based on like a next generation of this, it was called the Fiat 126p OBR:
    4.jpg
    1.jpg
    At first they used the standard ST 650 body and put an engine swapped from the German version in it and rally tires on standard wheels but it wasn't good at any rally. So they decided to scrap that and use the Abrath prototype instead. However it had a brake failure first and then a complete engine failure so it didn't win anything either, so they decided to build a new one which you see on the pics. They used the 600cc body (old decklid with better cooling) and applied to Group B so they could modify the engine a lot. It had a painted widebody instead, and they would add bumpers (transported separately so they don't get damaged and attached before rally) with 2 halogens and 2 fog lights:
    unnamed.jpg
    They used various 4.5 inch wheels depending on the rally with 155/70R12 tires. They changed the carburetor (on the 600cc engine, because it's significantly lighter) to a way more powerful Weber 45DCOE and added a lightweight airfilter and exhaust. They also made a custom 4 speed transmission with shorter gears and put a lightened flywheel and clutch from Fiat 127. The car made 50hp @ 7600-7800 RPM and had 575kg weight, the top speed was still 150 like the previous one but better acceleration as the car was a lot lighter and had a better transmission and stuff.

And there were also 3 Itailan rally versions making 29, 34 and 39 horsepower, but that's not worth adding, too slow.

#476 Agent_Y, Jun 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  17. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Ok back on topic, I finished the 700cc Abarth engine, with Weber 40 carburetor it has 40hp, and with sport tires 0-100 (car speedo rather than airspeed) in 13.46s, close enough. This feels way faster than the rally one, but the most acceleration is just off the line, it gets worse the more it accelerates, so for a rally it's not that useful.

• Like Like x 9
  18. EozCompanyCZ

EozCompanyCZ
    Expand Collapse

I feel like anything bellow 15s 0-100 must be really fast in a Maluch :D

I’d say that the torque curve is probably quite low since these engines aren’t (and practically also can’t) be really torquey.

I’m quite thankful for the fact that the engine only produces 40 HP, Maluch is naturally quite tippy and the idea of an 80+ HP Maluch flying down a track (be it rally or asphalt) is quite scarry IMHO especially for the driver.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Actually the torque curve is high off the beginning, but then goes low, that was the only option I had to somehow get this acceleration from a 40hp engine, it needed high power on low RPM as opposed to the 600cc with a rally carburetor that gets its peak power of 50hp around its RPM limit. And yeah it feels fast but after you reach 100 km/h it takes forever to get to 140 which is its top speed, and this is accurate to a report I've seen about the prototype test results of this version. Also, irl it's not as tippy as it is currently in the mod, and this version was supposed to come with a roll cage from factory (at least all the prototypes had one), so it's not as unsafe as it seems. And also for racing on a normal track they would lower the suspension of the car which would naturally create some camber on the rear due to the way it's set up, and this would help against tipping over a bit, and generally they only used the stock 650cc engines for track racing so it probably wasn't very exciting to watch lol.

• Like Like x 1
  20. EozCompanyCZ

EozCompanyCZ
    Expand Collapse

nteresting, the idea of Maluch with only slightly modified stock engines is both unbelievably funny, exiting and boring at the same time :)

I’m just comparing the 126 to the 500 since few people who have owned both have said that the 500 felt much more stable in the corners but then it was less powerful and had lower weight so it could be just something they over exaggerated a bit, after all acceleration of the 126 in 1st and 2nd gear is quite good. Lower the rear suspension to get neutral or negative camber is something that was also done with old Octavias during rally for exactly the same reason.

Yeah, the torque had to be high low down you’re right otherwise the take-off would be very unimpressive, like trying to get an overloaded 1000 MB to start on a hill.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice