Making several configurations for an Automation car

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by TobiBenzi, Aug 23, 2018.

1. TobiBenzi

TobiBenzi
    Expand Collapse

I created this thread as I have already successfully created an improved configuration for my Shuffle T-500 and Burnside Colorado thanks to the tutorial of @JayPlaysBeamNG, How To Make a Configuration
    screenshot_00663.png screenshot_00664.png
    I was quite happy about that already. But after that, as I wanted to add an additional trim to the standard T-500 (which has an automatic transmission), a manual version that I had created and exported in Automation, I came to the point where the tutorial would not help me any further.
    I tried that (as you can see in the first picture), and the configuration would show up correctly, as I had changed the description a bit. But when trying to spawn, the normal automatic T-500 showed up.
    I think one has to fiddle around with the jbeam to do this but I am a complete beginner so I have no clue what to do.

So, as I have not found any specific information on this anywhere, I now wanted to ask you if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it!

I am sure this would help other people who want to improve their cars as well!
    I'd also like to know how to add additional selectable factory colors to the standard default, black, white, blue and red.

Thank you in advance for your help and time! :)
    (I will probably not be online much longer today. (It's 11PM here) but I will come back tomorrow,)

2. MichaelMotorcycl

MichaelMotorcycl
    Expand Collapse

Hello.

I am on my phone, so I cannot talk much. Any way, I have had the same problems with the same issues while trying to resolve
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, this is posted in the wrong forum. Maybe go to the mod support forum?

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. TobiBenzi

TobiBenzi
    Expand Collapse

Oh yeah you are right, actually I wanted to post in Automation... But I don't want to post the same thread twice, if people want to find it, they will. Hopefully :|
    EDIT: No wait, I just realized that this was moved here, so it's all right. Thanks!

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Well, what you need to do is kinda new part for existing car.

I have posted some general information links here:
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/generic-shopping-cart.52762/#post-807754

Also I know I have written someplace instructions how to make a new part, so I try to save little time by linking it, it is about how to make custom radiator, but making new parts is similar:
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/how-to-get-a-better-radiator-on-a-mod.55941/#post-887938

So to make things started, you need a new part, you have camso_transmission part in camso_engine.jbeam, mine is like this:
    Code:
    "Camso_Transmission": {
           "information":{
               "authors":"Camshaft Software",
               "name":"Transmission",
           }
           "slotType" : "Camso_Transmission",
           "slots": [
               ["type", "default", "description"]

],

"gearbox": {
                //https://wiki.beamng.com/ManualGearbox
                //"gearDamageThreshold":3000, //Multiplier for tolerance to smashing gears (no clutch + mismatched rpm)
               "gearRatios":[-2.82, 0, 2.69, 1.77, 1.28, 0.96, 0.75],
               "friction": 0, //Constant friction torque on input shaft
                "gearboxNode:":["engine0"], //node used to play gear damage sound
           },
            "clutch": {
                //"thermalsEnabled":true
                //"clutchMass":10, //Thermal mass representing clutch disc and PP/Clutch surfaces
                //"coolingCoef":1, //Multiplier to tweak how fast it cools
                //"warningTemp":200, //Temp for UI warning
                //"maxSafeClutchTemp":300, //Temp after which torque limit decreases (but may recover if left to cool)
                //"clutchOverheatRange":100, //Additional temp before clutch is pretty wrecked and won't recover much
                //"maxClutchTemp":500, //Clutch will never recover at all if it hits this temp
            },

So it starts with name and opening curly bracket:
    "Camso_Transmission": {

It ends with curly bracket:
    },

Stuff between those is your transmission and you have two cars, two transmissions, take one transmission and add it below closing curly bracket of other car than you take transmission from.

Of course you can't have two camso_transmission transmissions so:
    "Camso_Transmission" > "Camso_Automatic_Transmission"

Also this defines name that shows in part selector:
    "name":"Transmission",

Put it like "name":"Auto Transmission", so you can tell which is which.

Now then, as you have part added up, test it using part selector, if it works, then you are good to proceed with how to make configuration tutorial as all you need to do is save a config with automatic transmission (ctrl-w then save load and save with name you want it to use), and add it to selector like in tutorial.

You should have two .pc files and adding it to selector is just matter of creating config, which I have actually really rubbish at doing, should try that tutorial myself I guess :p

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. TobiBenzi

TobiBenzi
    Expand Collapse

Thank you really much, that is just what I needed! I will try to tinker with that sometime this week and then tell you if it worked. Your explanation looks very promising though! Thank you! :D

The configuration making bit isn't that hard if even I could figure it out... :p
    As @JayPlaysBeamNG described in his tutorial, you basically only need three files, but having only the .pc file works too (That's what you get when you create a new config in-game as well, the picture and info file need to be added manually).
    My only problem with that is that I don't know how to add more default colors to the existing red, blue, white, black and default. Jay also says that one can add a custom color but doesn't say how either.

6. MichaelMotorcycl

MichaelMotorcycl
    Expand Collapse

I'm stupid... so can someone dumb it down a wee bit?

7. TobiBenzi

TobiBenzi
    Expand Collapse

Mhh, perhaps I can help you once I've done it myself but for now maybe @fufsgfen can help you further... He really is very helpful. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice