Unsolved Making mods

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by iCheat4Clips, Apr 11, 2022.

1. iCheat4Clips

iCheat4Clips
    Expand Collapse

So I’m new to beamNG modding and can’t seem to find any info on how to make mods. I know people do mesh slaps on cars that look decent and currently I make cars for fiveM using zmodeler and blender but I can’t find any at all info on how to even start with the beam mods. I would be willing to pay someone for classes or some help because I love beam and am dying to make mods so I can do what I wanna do with the game. Thanks In advance

• Like Like x 1
  2. trm7

trm7
    Expand Collapse

youtube blender tutorials, this random youtube video, and eventually joining the modding for dummies discord is how i started modding beamng. Then i just screwed around trying/creating random stuff for ages and slowly increased my knowledge in how beamng and blender worked. I started with modifying automation cars then worked my way up to modifying the old black foot mod adding offroad suspension, swapping in a custom motor and what not. Then just did a bunch of random crap that all failed horribly but i learned from my mistakes with each one. im still no good at modding but im getting better with experience. Start small i started with just slightly modifying automation cars and didnt move on from automation cars for a few years till i felt confident enough to try modifying a real beamng car. Following this random youtube video and getting your first custom part to show in game is a good start. and dont be afraid to ask questions if your stuck i asked countless questions on the modding for dummies discord and on the beamng website a couple of times when i got stumped on something and theres usually atleast one person thats willing to help. Me included
    https://discord.gg/tYNp5BBr

--- Post updated ---
    taking a look at official beamng cars files and other mods made by other people also helped me figure out how things worked.

idk what you wanna do. i wanted to make cars and car parts so i focused on learning how to do that. If you wanna make maps or something i got no clue where to even begin with that.
    --- Post updated ---
    idk if this is any help

#2 trm7, Apr 11, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice