Making a map out of a car meme. (community welcome to contribute)

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Lego8_bit, Nov 29, 2018.

?

Easy route or the hard way

Poll closed Mar 1, 2019.
  1. World editor in the beamNG edit

26.7%
  2. Use Blender, maya, and other 3d Programs to import into beam.

73.3%
  1. Lego8_bit

Lego8_bit
    Expand Collapse

Hello all i have a little idea that i want to make into reality
    I want to make this meme into a full scale map for people to drive around and potentially into a time trail
    I would love to map all of this by myself but i do not have the time to add the terrain and or map the chunks out as this project alone would be overwhelming for me.

now we can take multiple routes in crating a map. the easiest would be going into the Pure-grid map and edit the world from there or, we go the Hard route and make the map from scratch.

There is no deadline for this map as of yet as im trying to brainstorm, spitball ideas etc...

there will be a poll for the route that we take.

if you want to help out with this and add your ideas to this map leave a suggestion down below

• Like Like x 1
  2. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Oh my god. I wish this could happen, but I'm being absolutely honest, I have no hope for this. You'd need a beastly computer to run a map like this with, of course, full size vehicles. Just because I don't have much hope, doesn't mean I won't be watching. Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lego8_bit

Lego8_bit
    Expand Collapse

If full scale is not possible we can always Scale the map down Like say 10km height by 12km width

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Not necessarily, depends what one puts on map.

However amount of work would be astronomical and car would shake so bad at the extreme ends of the map.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Just put this image and make a model thats the shape of the track.

6. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

What about elevation changes? Don't think you can see them on a top-down view image o_O

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Guestimate, that will work just fine :-X

It is much easier to make something inspired by that map, then be liberally creative about elevation, banking etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

One map, with all the best race tracks built on it...I was considering this one a week ago:

Same problem as yours, but exponentially more complicated elevation issues. Anythings possible if you start with a solid plan.

The map your proposing has less roads than the official maps so lag wouldn't be an issue per-say and it would be awesome to drive, even if it didn't utilize totally accurate banking and elevations. Researching one race track is a feat though, so doing it for a dozen would be that much more work. The actual building of the track wouldn't be too difficult though. One stumbling block I see right away is the sheer size of the map. I mean, its got the full back section of the Nordschleife, which takes up only about half of the map. The total width of the map would be over 16Km, which would reduce an 8K terrain down to 2 meter grid size, making it very bumpy and uneven.

#8 Ewanc, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice