Question / Support Making a hybrid Automation car

Discussion in 'Automation' started by Jura13, Mar 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Jura13

Jura13
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone!
    I made a 2000 economic hatchback and CVT swapped it.
    That way the front wheels were powered by a petrol engine.
    After that I made an additional electric motor to power the rear wheels.
    The problem now is that it can work only in FWD petrol mode or RWD electric mode, no hybrid AWD.
    To describe the problem, the rear motor works perfectly, but the front is permanently stuck in Drive and it behaves like a single gear Automatic, basically like the CVT is missing, like there's only a Torque Converter between the engine and the driveshaft.
    That makes it impossible to reverse the car and/or to go faster than 35kph/22mph.
    I want to make the rear and front motor work independent of each other.
    Here's a photo of the powertrain visualization app:

(they are completely separated, ignore the awkward position of the electric motor)
    I will leave the camso_engine.jbeam in the attachments.
    Could the solution be making a new vehicle controller?
    Currently it uses two different controllers simultaneously: "electricMotor.lua" and "combustionEngine.lua"
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!
    Cheers!

EDIT: Should be fixed now...

FINAL EDIT: It's fixed and awesome :D

#1 Jura13, Mar 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. This.

This.
    Expand Collapse

hi i'm so intrested in this i want to make hybrids so bad can you please explain me how did you get it to work and show me the engine/transmission file?

3. Jura13

Jura13
    Expand Collapse

Hi,
    I can give you the camso_engine.jbeam but the car doesn't work as of now. I am doing a lot of experimenting and adding stuff to it, but feel free to check out my jbeam and figure out how to make it work. 90% of the work is done and when I finish working on it I will post the final .jbeam file here.
    Cheers!

Attached Files:

4. This.

This.
    Expand Collapse

hi,so i was trying to fix your file but i cant seem to get the automatic gearbox paired with the electric motor,i was thinking about using the same transmission with an AWD transfert case,what do you think is it possible/easier?
    Edit:I tried excluding the second gearbox and it works just fine the engine are indipendent and works in awd,now i need to figure out how to turn off the electric engine and lower the inertia of the thermal engine,also i'm gonna try it with a dual clutch for a sportier feeling

Attached Files:

#4 This., Apr 10, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  5. Jura13

Jura13
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I know it works without the second gearbox, but try going in reverse with the config you sent. Also your electric motor is way overpowered...

6. This.

This.
    Expand Collapse

yeah i know once i figure out how to control the second gearbox to put it in drive or reverse i will try add it again,i boosted both the engine and the motor just for the sake of testing

7. ELBruno

ELBruno
    Expand Collapse

I saw that this is the only thread about put hybrid engines in Automation cars and I really want to know how did you get this to work?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Snowstorm :)

Snowstorm :)
    Expand Collapse

That is really cool that you put a hybrid engine inside a automation car I can only do full electric cars, how did you do it?

• Like Like x 1
  9. SuperRaptor

SuperRaptor
    Expand Collapse

i think theres a mod that does it (idk if im right but you can get interior and hybrid engines from steam workshop)

10. BmwE46320i

BmwE46320i
    Expand Collapse

No there are no mods for hybrid engines or any engines at all (like rotary, W12, W16, I8, etc.) in the steam workshop. I think you have to edit the jbeam files to achieve hybrid and electric engines.

And I’m also really interested in how it’s done so I would love some kind of detailed explanation.

11. Jura13

Jura13
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice