Make a car 3dsMax

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by jaykinch, Sep 25, 2013.

1. jaykinch

jaykinch
    Expand Collapse

Hi all loving beamng great fun

Now I wanna make a car with 3dsmax a demo derby ( banger racing for us Brits)

i like playing around with 3dsmax back in the bf1942 and bf2 days
    i just got hold of 3dsmax14 student copy it's free
    can I just start with making a car the normal. Way u would with max then put all the jbeam? Stuff on after if that makes any sence (well hoping I could make the car and some lovely modder would get it in game for me lol)

ive vey not really looked around for tuts at the moment (bloody GTA V fault)

so was hoping for a easy time and someone would post all my answers I need here lol

or even better has someone got a 3ds model they could send me so I can see how they go about it
    cos looking at cars in game there seems to be lots of parts to a car

like I said has anyone got any easy pointers to get me started

or anyone point in the right direction where to start first

thanks
    jay

2. Nish01

Nish01
    Expand Collapse

when your in the program click Open > go to the file where /3DsMax/scenes is located and there should be a couple cars that came with the program. Mind you their not up-to-par with BeamNG standards but it gives you a basic idea. Im new to this program as well so thats as far as my helping hand can reach..

3. jaykinch

jaykinch
    Expand Collapse

Cheers for the reply mate if your new to 3ds max and wanting to do car look up "fiat 500 tut 3dsmax" it's a free tut for older version of max but most things are still the same
    its the way I learnt how to model cars

4. kruleworld

kruleworld
    Expand Collapse

I think the OP is asking how to set up the jbeam stuff in 3dsmax, and i think the answer is to get the DAE export plugin. make your car as normal, then export as DAE.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice