1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

LUA 'line 1' error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by AR162B, Jun 20, 2015.

1. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

Hey, I've been busy updating my van addon mod for a while now, updated the tires to the new specs among other things. In my mod there's a option to choose the boxed H45 van with an boxed trailer, with dual axles each having the daul H45 wheel and tires combo (so 14(!) PressureWheels in total). Using the old build with the old tires spec I had no problem at all, but with the new specs BeamNG crashes. Funny thing is, when you choose the axles of the trailer first it crashes when you select the doors as final part, but it also crashes when you first select the boxed upfit (including doors) and as last the axles and wheels. So the the files should be fine.(?)

Remarkable is the error looks the same when I load JRI or EC USA, or exiting the world editer in DRI or HR. So I thought it's probably an out-of-memory problem (I'm on an old 32 bits laptop), but I just let someone else test my updated mod on a 8GB 64 bits system and he get's an error as well.

Any thoughts on what this problem might be and if I could get rid of it in my mod?

The error codes in my torque3d log:

Code:
    118.15252|E|Crashreport|*** Trying to get Lua callstack
    118.15263|E|T3D|*** FATAL LUA ERROR: [string "line"]:1: Lua C++ CrashRpt stacktrace
    Stack Traceback
    ===============
    (2) global C function 'error'
    (3) main chunk of [string "line"] at line 1

118.15269|E|T3D|*** while executing this line: error('Lua C++ CrashRpt stacktrace')
    118.15274|E|T3D|*** in chunk: line

2. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Code:
    Crashreport|*** Trying to get Lua callstack
    This is not a crash in Lua but before. Whenever the game crashes, it will try to get the last called functions from lua so we can see if lua was involved in the crash. This will be at the end of every crash logfile. About the crash itself: we need the full torque3d.log please

3. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

That would be great if you would look into it :)
    Maybe it's some kind of node/beam limit bug? Changing one or more parts to a less complex part (flatbed instead of the boxed truck, or removing one axle) will 'fix' this problem.

I've added a logfile when I select all parts of the van; torque3d_van.log (If you're interested for testing purposes, I can send you the mod)

To expand collection I've added some other log files when it crashes, maybe they're helpful, maybe not :p

torque3d_exiting_WE_HR.log is when I exit the World Editor in Hirochi Raceway, before Beam v0.4.0 I was able to enter it and exit it (for example to change the tod). Since the last updates I'm not able anymore. In a very early BeamNG build I was able to enter and close the World editor in DRI, but soon it caused an error like this one.
    torque3d_loading_HR.log is when I loaded Hirochi Raceway, never had that one before, wanted to load it to get a World editor crash log file.
    torque3d_loading_JRI.log Is when I load Jungle Rock Island, I've never been able to load that one, like EC USA.

Remarkable is that Beam crashes sooner when I go from one level directly to another - often I have to restart the program to be able to load the new level. Also when there's another memory using program running in the background. I almost always send the error report.

And another thing (now that I've got your attention :p) When using an 'addon' mod which contains a file which should 'overwrite' an original file (info.json for added colors and materials.cs for added materials in my case), Beam uses the original BeamNG file when the mod is zipped (so the mod files won't function), but uses the mods file when it's unzipped in the mod/vehicles/van directory. Caused me a headache today. :p

Attached Files:

#3 AR162B, Jun 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  4. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

Could someone please look at this? :) Having no additional colors isn't that bad, but a crash to desktop is quite annoying...

5. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

This is a huge bump, but I still haven't found this issue. I'm currently updating this van mod, I've checked the jbeams and error logs multiple times but again without success. Could anyone please look at this? It's like it has some kind of n/b limit bug;

- A flatbed truck with the complete boxed trailer doesn't give any problems
    screenshot_00469_1920.jpg screenshot_00470_1920.jpg
    - neither a boxed truck with a complete boxed trailer minus one trailer axle
    screenshot_00471_1920.jpg screenshot_00472_1920.jpg
    - neither does a boxed truck with a complete boxed trailer but without the trailer doors
    screenshot_00473_1920.jpg screenshot_00474_1920.jpg

I also tried removing the wind deflector on the last setting; I was able to add one trailer door, the second crashed it. With wind deflector it will crash with only one trailer door.

A boxed truck with an complete boxed trailer crashes the game, I couldn't find any errors in the log.
    Some BeamNG versions ago it worked fine. (Proof www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRLNeBgcnT0 from 30 seconds)
    Although the mod used hubwheels in that vid, there are no others differences besides an other BeamNG version.

Help, someone, please? :)

Attached Files:

6. burilkovdeni

burilkovdeni
    Expand Collapse

Would the line 1 lua error go away if you made the van addon its own separate vehicle.

7. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

Like tdev said, this lua error has something to do with the crashreport, not with the error itself... I couldn't think why making it a separate vehicle could fix this problem...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice