Experimental LUA Dash - AMG GT

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by EnjoyMyHItsYT, Dec 17, 2020.

1. EnjoyMyHItsYT

EnjoyMyHItsYT
    Expand Collapse

Hey, i'm working on a mod and i would like to have a LUA Dash since its only a texture that is mapped on it...maybe somebody can help me with it so i can learn..
    upload_2020-12-17_12-49-9.png

sry if its wrong section idk where to put it.

also i would really like to have it like the eSBR
    upload_2020-12-17_13-5-38.png

#1 EnjoyMyHItsYT, Dec 17, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  2. AJ'99

AJ'99
    Expand Collapse

the dash is props not lua, unless you're talking about the section with the number 0 in the middle, then that is lua.

3. EnjoyMyHItsYT

EnjoyMyHItsYT
    Expand Collapse

yeah i want it to be a LUA Dash i mean i can do the gauges n stuff but i never really worked with LUA.

4. AJ'99

AJ'99
    Expand Collapse

yeah ok i cant help you, i dont know lua

5. EnjoyMyHItsYT

EnjoyMyHItsYT
    Expand Collapse

oh okay..

6. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

That is not just lua, it also needs some html and I have no idea how it works either
    Seems like all lua does there is displaying the gear and all the rest is done in html
    Actually no, not just html, there's also js, svg and css, I have no idea what does what

7. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

Idk how to make gauges, but maybe you can ask the guy who made the raven r20 and such to help you, because that man is a wizard with gauges

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. 1NbaN3

1NbaN3
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

i beta test mercedes amg gt

9. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

No it has nothing to do with props. Basically everything Agent_Y mentions is about right. No matter who you will ask for help on this it remains very time consuming and one will mostly only be motivated to create something that's worth it for him/her self (the creator). Sorry if that sentence sounds a little weird but you get the point I guess :) The best thing you can do is start learning yourself, piece by piece. Take a vanilla example (I started with the ETK 800) and try to make small changes to it. If it works, increase your level of changes. Learning and discovering - this one has a steep learning curve. Motivation = key to success. If you start out yourself you will know the right kind of questions to ask and therefore most probably get the right answers for them :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice