1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Lowering node weights without causing instability or shaky cars?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by CreasingCurve, Oct 10, 2016.

1. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Hello people i have a question that is related to the question stated by the thread title.

So the problem is that when i try lowering the node wieghts of a node the car then becomes shaky when i load it up in game. I then had a look at other parts that were basically lighter versions of an original part such as the carbon fibre hood which dealt with this problem by changing the ratio of the beamStrength/Deform and other such values but even after doing this the panels and objects that are mounted to the body still explode off of it such as doors but remain hanging because of the hinges. It also break the windows and sometimes sucks in the panels by trying to implode.

I am asking because i have been thinking about this idea for a while but because of my lack of knowledge regarding all of the beam strength an other values in a jbeam, it would be nice to know if there is a solution to lowering node weights such as specific formula you need to apply to the values to stop the from shaking the car apart.

Thanks in advance as any help would be much appreciated

Curve

2. Hondune

Hondune
    Expand Collapse

You kinda answered your own question here. Lowering and adjusting beam values is the only way to lower the weight of nodes. Its very very finicky and it takes a long time to find stable yet strong values.

My biggest tip is to start WAY low with the values. so low that stuff is floppy. Then just slowly raise them up until you hit instability and then back it off a bit and you should be good. Note that some node weights just might not be possible depending on the situation, going too far down with the node weights will probably never be stable

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice