1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Lower fps/stuttering after newest updates

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by nontrapped, Nov 13, 2022.

1. nontrapped

nontrapped
    Expand Collapse

First things first my hardware:
    - Win 11
    - I7-9700k
    - Rtx 3060ti
    - 32GB Ram
    - Beamng on m.2 ssd
    I know in fact its not my hardware causing problem because every other game on my pc runs perfectly, i have tried most common ways to fix problem, and the problem is low fps/stuttering, before i could easily run this game on ultra 60-90fps depending on map, now after updates ( 0.25 and newer ) hardly 30-40fps even lowest settings and annoying stutters that occurs every other secondmakes this game unplayable, sometimes it runs smoothly tho.
    Most interesting thing is when i open game menu while playing all stuttering goes away and fps almost douples, i found that very interesting
    things i have tried to fix the problem:
    - Update gpu drivers
    - Update windows
    - Tried beamng beta, same thing
    - Installed win 11 again
    - Reinstalled beamng
    - And i have tried clearing cache, verifying game files, every tip i have found on web last few days but nothing really helps. Any ideas or should i just wait for updates for game?
    I can post a video if that helps?

2. Fluffy Panda

Fluffy Panda
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Please submit your support ID; we'd like to look into your logs to identify the possible causes:

https://supportid.beamng.com

3. nontrapped

nontrapped
    Expand Collapse

I will post it tomorrow!

4. nontrapped

nontrapped
    Expand Collapse

Here it is: 143076

I also noticed that my framerates arent stable while normally playing and driving, but when i open menu it stabilizes, its very strange, if playing less heavy map like grid while menu is open its butter smooth, when closing menu fps drops about 30-50%

5. Fluffy Panda

Fluffy Panda
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Do you experience this issue in Safe Mode? (launcher -> Support tools)

Also please check this article: https://documentation.beamng.com/su...mpatible_software/#msi-afterburner--rivatuner

6. nontrapped

nontrapped
    Expand Collapse

7. nontrapped

nontrapped
    Expand Collapse

Ok so i disabled msi afterburner, and started game on safe mode, it works like dream! Does that mean i have some broken mods, because i tried to disable them in the first place when issues begin to occur.

8. Fluffy Panda

Fluffy Panda
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

If the issue doesn't persists in Safe Mode, but persists in normal, yes it can be caused by broken mods.

9. nontrapped

nontrapped
    Expand Collapse

thank you for your help, I deleted all the mods, still stuttering, I cleared cache, still stuttering, then I realized that in safe mode, it's like a fresh installation and it makes new user folder.
    That made me realize that in safe mode I don't have UI apps except default ones. That leaded me to start game normally and then deleted all UI apps I had added afterwards. And boom works like a butter, no hickups no fps drops everything works just like it should.
    Do you want more information for this issue? I tried to see how many UI apps is enough to decrease fps, it's two or more for me.
    But thanks again for your help!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice