looking to move the exhaust sound to another part of a car

Discussion in 'Programming' started by hoehoe23, Aug 10, 2019.

1. hoehoe23

hoehoe23
    Expand Collapse

so im working on a mod that is almost done and i want to move the exhaust sound to the front of the car. I cant seem to figure out how to do this and any help will be appreciated.

2. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

The exhaust sound is always where ever your exhaust ends, so if you want that in the front of your car, you need to route the jbeam exhaust definition there. :)

3. hoehoe23

hoehoe23
    Expand Collapse

Ive done exactly that and it still seems like the sound is coming from the back. i dont even have beams going anywhere near the back of the car but ill check again to make sure

4. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Please note, I'm not speaking about the exhaust _mesh_ but its jbeam representation. (the part where you define which beam is an exhaust beam and which nodes represent the exhaust tips etc)
    Maybe take a look at cars without any exhaust piping like the Barstow terrible etc to get a better idea. :)

5. hoehoe23

hoehoe23
    Expand Collapse

i understand that it isnt the mesh that makes the difference and i understand how the beams work for the most part. i have the beams set up so that the particals flames and bangs come from the front just the sound still seems like its coming from the rear. ive looked at the other models you mentioned and it seems to be the same set up as what i have

here is what i have. exh2 is the exit of the exhaust and e1l is the exhaust node from the engine block for the coupe

6. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

In that case, the setup is correct and that's also where the exhaust sound is coming from. Where is your engine located? Maybe you are mistaking the engine/intake sound?

7. hoehoe23

hoehoe23
    Expand Collapse

the engine is in front and so is the exhaust exit. i even went in and disabled the intake sound so it was just just outputting the exhaust and it was clearly in the rear. i also looked at some other cars that have exhaust that exits in alternate locations and it seems the exhaust sound is always in the rear so it might just be a limitation of how the cars are coded themselves

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice