Looking for 3dsmax Car Modelling Tips Guides Tutorial etc.

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Kunzinator, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Kunzinator

Kunzinator
    Expand Collapse

I am starting modelling in 3dsMax and was just looking for any tips and the like when it comes to doing cars for Beamng. I have noticed there seem to be more than one method to model them and the like and would like to get some input from those who have done it on which ways are easiest/quickest/accurate/etc.

I am new to modelling and just looking for a bit of direction, so far I have spent a good bit of time in photoshop working with the car schematic I am going to do and getting all the images from front/side/top/back all scaled together and matching. I grabbed them out of an old repair manual so they aren't exactly perfect but seem to be good enough to use but, I may go through and re-draw them to have a more accurate starting point.

Any tips or advice or links to good guides would be appreciated. I prefer written or ideally written with pictures, but I can make do with videos. I read very quickly and I tend not to watch videos as it seems so much slower to get information to me and it tends to let my ADD kick in and distract me.

Thanks
    (And I apologize, I am sure this has been asked a 1000 times before, maybe if everyone would contribute what they can we can get a nice sticky made)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice