1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Logitech G27 Strange Behavior

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by freshmeat107, Apr 22, 2019.

1. freshmeat107

freshmeat107
    Expand Collapse

So I have been having some strange behavior with my G27 and I already tested it after verifying the game files as well as playing in safe mode. I did however fix my issues by reinstalling the device drivers, but it seems the issue came back.

The problem I have can be described as the wheels rotations calibration progressively gets worse as time goes on, and this only happens half the time. The other half of the time is that the wheel alignment is correct but then it seems the degree of rotation goes back to 200 from 900 in game and the FFB strength seems to have increased.

2. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Check if your Logitech Drivers and the profiler thingy are running and that they are all up to date.

3. freshmeat107

freshmeat107
    Expand Collapse

I did what you suggested with no change. But I did however find that I set my dead zone to 0 and changed it to 0.05 and it seems to be working correctly now.

4. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

If the wheel center is off, this means a problem in the steering wheel itself. Make sure you let the wheel perform autocalibration each time you plug it in, do NOT touch the wheel while it's rotating on its own to find the limits (and therefore the center).
    You should not use any deadzone, this will make it more difficult to make small corrections while driving, instead having to steer harshly for the steering to register.

Additionally, these wheels sometimes reset back from 900º to lower steering lock angles. To fix, read the advice mentioned in the wiki here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

As for wheel not centering itself, the issue could also be the wheel positioning sensor not being connected correctly, I had to send my wheel for warranty repair back when I first bought it. If wheel not centering itself after plugging it in is an issue in your case and you don't have a warranty on your wheel it is a pretty simple fix you could attempt yourself (basically take it apart and plug in a loose connector and put it back together)

6. freshmeat107

freshmeat107
    Expand Collapse

Yes, when trying to get the wheel to re calibrate, I did make sure not to touch it when it is rotating. I read the link and did not know about the steering angle adjustment short cut, so I will use that if it seems to reset on me again while ingame. I also believe I am all up to date on software. For a little bit more info on my issue with the wheel not being calibrated. When I first start the game and load up a map and car, the alignment is correct but after a few turns that require me to turn the wheel more than 90 degrees or so (I have checked if it was just suspension damage, and its not) the wheel becomes uncalibrated. So far only counter clock wise that is. It become progressively worse over time and instantly way off if I reset the vehicle with the wheel not centered. As for the dead zone, I have it now set to 0.005 which say its only a 1% deadzone and its not noticeable at all and seems to negate the problem just fine. When I have the dead zone to zero the problem comes back.

I am going to install another game that has wheel support and see if I have the same issues. I really hope its not a hardware failure.

7. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

If it doesn't look like what is happening on this video, then it most likely is just a software issue, but if your wheel acts like that when you turn on your pc, then it is a known and quite common issue with the wheel.

8. freshmeat107

freshmeat107
    Expand Collapse

Just tried this and the wheel centered just fine.

I installed and played wreckfest and the issue carried over to it as well. After some googling it seems people are saying the optical sensor is cheap and can crack after awhile. But im going to do some more digging into updates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

yeah i think it might be the optical encoder disc that cracked, common problem, cheaply made wheel tbh, it gets the job done i guess..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice