1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Logitech G25 or G27?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Logi_Veloce, Sep 24, 2017.

?

Which wheel is better?

1. Logitech G25

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Logitech G27

11 vote(s)
    84.6%
  1. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

I have the option to buy either the G25 or G27, and I want to know which one is best/ better value. They are both around the same price and figured this would be the best place to ask. Thanks in advance.

2. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

G25 loud af. G27 got more in the package and got more buttons.

My DFGT is absolute hell with noise because both G25 and DFGT use straight cut gears.

3. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

Well, the only G27 I can buy at the moment is one without the shifter. Would this be a big problem or...?

4. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Then your clutch is useless. And half the buttons are gone too.

waiting would be a better option

5. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

Alright. There is a G27 for about 30 dollars more than the one without the shifter, but about 3 days left in the bidding. Is it worth trying to invest in that or do you think the price would get too high?

6. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Just get that if you can get the money or win the bid. How much are you even spending in that G27?

7. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

latest bid is $96 so I reckon by the last day of this bid it'll be somewhere around $110 or more

8. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Oh damn, G27s are 100 bucks? Spent 130 on a DFGT. Should have gotten a better deal then. Tbh, just save up and buy directly unless you really can get the bid.

9. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

Most "buy now" G27s' are in the 200-300 range. I figure under 150 is better than 200+. also the wheel doesn't come with the ac adapter.

10. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

That sucks I guess. I used a laptop charger to power my wheel so maybe if you have a laptop charger, you could possibly use it. Not all laptop chargers work though. I think just get the G25 then. You're just going to have to deal with noise.

11. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

I see a lot of ac adapters online for the G27 for sub-20 dollars. would it be worth investing or would it just be ebay trash from china?

12. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

idk. never bothered to get them but i'm quite sure any AC adapter would work just fine anyway. Shouldn't blow up :p

13. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

Cool. thanks for all your help, much obliged :D

14. Gonzo_

Gonzo_
    Expand Collapse

have G27 3-5 year's)) can't remember. no problem.

15. Drivver

Drivver
    Expand Collapse

I had G25 and now I'm using G27, the difference is actually quite big.

G27 pros:
    -you can play without doing loud noises in a whole building - really, playing at night impossible, I've tried and my father got angry, in a G27 it's way better but also not quiet
    -wheel moves more smoothly, freely which makes a bit better and accurate FFB feeling
    -better H shifter, lever have more realistic behaviour, goes a little harder in to gear and jumps in to slot in G25 it almost doesn't have resistance, it's louder and you have to push it in to slot which makes it more possible that you'll leave it in Neutral
    -more buttons on wheel - those are pretty usefull
    -is newer so there's better chance to get less worn out than one of G25s
    -a little better setting of pedals
    -LED gear change indicator - it doesn't work in BeamNG, works in few racing games - not very useful

G25 pros:
    -sequential gear changing mode
    -lower price

If I'd have to choose I'd go with G27. But if you are in budget and can't afford one, then go for complete G25 setup. Don't try to cheap on auctions without original PSU and gear shifter. Also watch out for wheel's that have troubles with calibrations, always ask for vid how it calibrates, if it end up not +/- 5deg to complete straight that may indicate that calibrator (optical encoder wheel)

^ this small piece is broken like that, which mean wheel is not worth repairing, in my country it's impossible to get one and if it's there it costs like 50Euros, and it requires a little of knowledge to change it alone, so it's better to give it to service for change, as it's a bit complicated inside. And those parts that are made of messing and you can buy them on eBay usually don't work as good, because they reflect light (basic physics ;) )and encoder have hard times, it works but not as good. And painting it is impossible, because those gaps are way to small IIRC this wheel have like ~1 to 1.5cm diameter. It's better to save a bit more money and buy something that will work for certain than having troubles later ;)

#15 Drivver, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

G27, because it's 2 higher than a G25
    -uses car logic for computers-

17. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

thanks for that, unfortunately I can't contact the seller, but the seller is a really popular and high rated seller, and they say every part is working. (I know this doesn't mean it is guaranteed to work)

my situation is:

G27 with 2 days left of bidding and is currently at $96

G25 with 12 hours left at $150

as you can tell the prices are quite far apart, and I assume the G27 might get up there as well
    --- Post updated ---
    update:

G27 is now at $112, two days left

I found a G25 for $107, two days left

18. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Only things I miss from G25 (compared to G27) are:
    - Sequential shifting pattern option in the H-shifter knob.
    - Fewer buttons on the steering wheel (fewer buttons = harder to hit one by accident).

Other than that, G27 is better.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice