Linux

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by MATTSTONE345, Nov 14, 2018.

1. MATTSTONE345

MATTSTONE345
    Expand Collapse

you guys should consider porting beamng drive to Linux' because today I was forced to install Linux due to windows 7 crashing every 5 minutes. I love this game, you guys did a really good job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

Although it might happen someday, the devs’ priorities aren’t on Linux or Mac versions right now.
    --- Post updated ---
    Although it might happen someday, the devs’ priorities aren’t on Linux or Mac versions right now.

3. MATTSTONE345

MATTSTONE345
    Expand Collapse

I understand, the game is still early access and it has to be very difficult to port a game onto a different OS system and time consuming.

4. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

I'm on a laptop with Linux Mint 19. For BeamNG, I use a PC. But it would be cool to be able to download BeamNG on this laptop.

5. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

You can run BeamNG on Linux, but not through Steam. You would need to have it installed there, but use Lutris (probably most successful) to run it directly from the .exe. I can't say how the performance will be, but it shouldn't be super bad

• Like Like x 1
  6. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the advice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice