1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Limit download speed?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by MultiGamerClub, Dec 2, 2019.

1. MultiGamerClub

MultiGamerClub
    Expand Collapse

Is there a way to limit the download speed of the BeamNG application? Seeing as we only have 10 mbit a second i really dont want to eat up the entire network's speed from my family just for downloading mods.

Possible as an option?

2. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

that's decent internet actually
    --- Post updated ---
    and no there's not a limit

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

See if this can be useful to you, they list Tmeter free and show how to use it if you scroll down the page:
    https://www.howtogeek.com/347711/how-to-limit-any-applications-bandwidth-on-windows/

4. MultiGamerClub

MultiGamerClub
    Expand Collapse

It is, but with 5-6 people its "Okay" as in playable 3-10ms to 100ms on a bad day. (General online games.)

Hoped windows had some inbuilt application for these things but ill try the T-Meter, thank you!

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Mr_StickShift

Mr_StickShift
    Expand Collapse

There is a way to limit internet traffic via Steam or by software like T-Meter, never used it myself, but you say your internet is 10mbit/s that seems a tad slow, as thats like 1.4MB/s - I get around 18-24MB/s average.

6. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Some of us just don't have access to decent connections... up until very recently, my connection speed was 3Mb/s... and yes that's Megabits, not Megabytes... That was the fastest my family could get until I moved.

7. Mr_StickShift

Mr_StickShift
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I know it varies, but as he says - He doesn't want to kill his 10mbit/s speed, I think thats also part of his problem, with my internet speed also being slow for my area.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MultiGamerClub

MultiGamerClub
    Expand Collapse

This thread might be 47 days old, but its not too late to respond i guess.

I actually meant my download speed is 10 mb/s as our internet is 80/80 up/down, just wanted to clarify that. Ive started using a similar program to T-meter to limit the program's download capacity, but its kind of interfering with the upload sometimes so im planning to skip to T-Meter later. Hoping 47 days later responds wasnt too slow, suddenly life just came up and now i own a puppy and i havent really looked on this forum until i needed the BTR-80 mod, which apparantly is removed here.. sad. (Realising i have to go to a shady russian site to get it.)

9. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

It's your thread and it was you looking for the answer... so technically as long as your good with the time... that's what counts I guess? I mean... can you really call it bumping if its your own thread and its still relevant to the original topic? That's for you to decide I guess.

However... you having 80 up and 80 down is actually REALLY fast. A good portion of us don't have ANYWHERE CLOSE to those kinds of speeds. Honestly if your having issues with your connection getting saturated by this at those speeds there might be other issues at play here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice