Released Lime Rock Park 2.1

A 100% BeamNG made version of this awsome real world race track located in Connecticut.

1. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

Ewanc submitted a new resource:

Lime Rock Park - A 100% BeamNG made version of this awsome real world race track located in Connecticut.

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 2
  2. IceyChow

IceyChow
    Expand Collapse

Great map but it would be amazing if you could add proper roads into the smaller drift track inside.
    Can't wait until I can do this virtually
    (8:06 for Onion's amazing drift in the GS300 <3)
    It'll be Mint!

3. 1185323118

Expand Collapse

User 1185323118 super-liked this

4. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, I plan on paving the whole infield, especially the drift track :D. That section falls into the alternate layout updates Im planning. Also in the works are the skid pad, 2 chicanes, and the never completed mountain layout - it's carved out of the mountain and you can find it if you explore the mountain side.

5. MattKowalski

MattKowalski
    Expand Collapse

I love it! I knew the layout and it feels pretty much spot on. I wonder if it's maybe ~100m too short, because the trip computer says 2.3km, while it should be at 2.4km. If it's not the case I apologize. Anyway, it's a ton of fun hotlapping the old Pessima with the flat four swapped in. With race suspension and a stripped interior I managed to break below 1:01 driving on a keyboard. Considering a BMW M4 goes around in 1:01.40 I'd say I'm happy ;)

Keep up the great work, can't wait to see the whole park done!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sitrepped

Sitrepped
    Expand Collapse

Back before he blew it to pieces </3

7. Devilman455

Devilman455
    Expand Collapse

Very nice track but it has some invisible walls in the air and it is missing a few walls and fences that the real life track has.

8. Sternendrache

Sternendrache
    Expand Collapse

Awesome track! Had a go with the Hirochi Cup Car from the variety mod, it's a blast on this track.
    I couldn't resist so have fun reading:

I have to announce that, sadly in a training session of the Hirochi Cup at Lime Rock Park a driver passed away
    after running a bit wide at the exit of the last turn, thus getting oversteer and hitting the unguarded pit-entry barrier head on. The engine caught on fire directly after the impact, and even though the safety crew was fast on the scene - extinguishing the flames - the only thing they were able to confirm was the death of the driver.

The crew chief and other drivers stated that if the guardrail would have been protected by sand/water barrels or tyre barriers, this tragic incident could have been avoided.

Below are pictures of the wreckage.

#8 Sternendrache, Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  9. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

The LRP staff is sorry to hear about your incedent, the problem was just solved this morning.

We rolled a stack of old tires out to protect you from arrant guard rails.(This should give you the illusion of safety at least.)
    tires.jpg
    I will have this and many other tweaks ready soon. Just staked up some crash fencing along most of the perimeter.

#9 Ewanc, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

Ewanc updated Lime Rock Park with a new update entry:

Race Update and a small patch.

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

Ewanc updated Lime Rock Park with a new update entry:

New Layouts! And much more.

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

"The new editor features smoothed it out and it's too good to waste"
    Yeah, no kidding. I cried a river for those features, yay. We can always use more racetracks here at Beam. Thanks for making a map, will leave a review when I have a chance to check this out.

Always tuck the ends of your guide-rails down a little bit into the ground (about a foot below the surface).

Like if you have nodes like this S.1...2...3...4...5...6...7.E (e / s= end, #'s being nodes of a mesh road made to look like guide-rails, i do this in my maps), tuck down S and E into the ground so that the top is a foot below the surface, and lightly pull the next node down (and have set 0.32 break angle), until it's level nicely until that node (so it doesn't curve upwards between 1...2 or 6...7 . I hope I explained this well enough.
    The tires do a plenty splendid job in their own rights though.

Feel free to help yourself to my road textures should you ever need them, they're always open to other mappers.

13. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

14. Capricious Curtis

Capricious Curtis
    Expand Collapse

In the new hotfix, the race scenario doesn't work.The AI cars just sit there and do nothing.

Otherwise, Great map!

15. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

AI races in general are broken in Beanmg 0.8. My race code was barrowed from Hirochi Super Race, so we'll have to wait for an update to that mod for a fix. I'm more of a script paster than a programmer.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 1185323118

Expand Collapse

17. 1185323118

Expand Collapse

Made a video:D

18. Instant Winrar

Instant Winrar
    Expand Collapse

With the latest update, the map still loads fine in free roam, however I get an endless loading screen on my end when trying to enter it on Quickplay mode.

Sorry for the bump.

19. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Try with the hotfix that came in about 12 hours ago. Let (map author) know if it still happens then.
    If you get stuck, on the loading screen, do this:
    Hit the ~ key (or whatever brings down the console, it's usually ~ key)
    Press ALT+O to take and upload a screenshot.
    Post the link it gives you here.
    (You can alternatively hit F12 in steam and upload your screenshot, and link it, but this is easier the way I said)

20. Instant Winrar

Instant Winrar
    Expand Collapse

Nevermind what I said, it's fixed thanks to the latest BeamNG update!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice