Solved Level not loading

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by cowboy905, Nov 2, 2016.

1. cowboy905

cowboy905
    Expand Collapse

So, i made a level. It worked fine, but i used dry rock island as a template, so I had to have dry rock island not in my levels folder. I decided that I wanted to make it so I can have both levels in my game, so i renamed everything. I changed everything from 'dry_rock_island' to 'amberton'. I didn't miss anything, i went over every file 4 times. When i load the map I get an error that says it 'can't find path' to an object that is in the dry_rock_island folder, i changed everything. How can i fix this

FILE BELOW
    DO NOT REUPLOAD OR TAKE IT, ONLY DOWNLOAD IF YOU INTEND TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM

I was able to take some high detail screenshots of the level before this happened
    screenshot_00001.png screenshot_00002.png
    LOL it needs grass :3

Attached Files:

2. HDR

HDR
    Expand Collapse

This is just a guess, but its probably looking for one of the objects you have on the map, but it looks for it in the dry rock island folder instead of your folder, you might have to re-add the objects. Then again, i might be completely wrong.

3. cowboy905

cowboy905
    Expand Collapse

I couldn't re-add the objects because i cannot edit the level. I get stuck with "can't find level/dry_rock_island/art/shapes/misc/container001.dae (not real name).

4. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

I see two issue here , apparently you have modified dry rock island without made a copy of it right ? And , the modification you made on the editor are not on the file you posted here , they should be saved on documents / BeamNG.drive / level folder , you need to add the modification saved here on you map folder :)

5. cowboy905

cowboy905
    Expand Collapse

LOL, i suk. I DID indeed make a copy of Dry Rock Island, my beloved Garfield Heights wouldn't work without it!

6. cowboy905

cowboy905
    Expand Collapse

Yep, works now!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice