WIP Beta released Legran AWD and LT7 Diesel

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by Capkirk, Jan 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

After messing around making my own custom parts for personal use for a while, I have decided to release this as my first mod. It adds an AWD system for the Legran, inspired by the real life Pontiac 6000, featuring a locking transfer case for extra traction. Surprisingly, the Legran handles incredibly well with AWD, very similarly to the 80s Pessima, making it a decent track and rally vehicle, if you don't mind the fragile front suspension. It also adds a 4.3L V6 diesel, with a transmission and differential. Loosely based off the GM LT7, it is an underpowered N/A diesel, but still surprisingly capable with low gearing thanks to its high torque.

This mod is still WIP. It doesn't have any sort of 3D models or Jbeams for the new parts, just the drivetrain code to make it work. I would also like to add more parts and configs in the future. Once It's done, I'll put it on the repo.

To Do:
    -More configs
    -Models for new parts
    -New rear suspension for Legran?

Delete old files before installing newer versions

Version 0.2 update:
    New configs and a custom model for the turbo diesel
    Changelog:
    Version 0.2
    -More configs
    -Turbo model for turbodiesel
    -SLE badge

Version 0.1
    -Diesel transmission strange shift logic fixed
    -Turbo added for diesel, to make it less anemic (not in any of the configs)
    -More differentials for AWD
    -Race AWD transfer case

This mod is no longer available. It is soon to be integrated into Bomboy's engine pack.

Attached Files:

• STE_v6_M.png
    #1 Capkirk, Jan 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  2. Ibishu Hopper

Ibishu Hopper
    Expand Collapse

3. A Rhombus

A Rhombus
    Expand Collapse

I like this mod becomes I think that a LeGran seems fitting with RWD not FWD, but I like having AWD as it, well, just is really cool.

4. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

Well, I was gonna have another update soon, but windows update seems determined to kill my computer, and I can't stop it because of a corrupted registry. But hopefully I can fix it soon, and get another update out. Also, I realize I may have put this thread in the wrong section of the forum. Could someone please help me move it into "Mods and Skins" instead?

#4 Capkirk, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  5. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

I got my computer working properly, and made some stuff. A new SLE badge and a model for the turbo.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice