Last Car Standing

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by luke198, May 2, 2013.

1. luke198

luke198
    Expand Collapse

I am not sure how many of have seen Discovery Channel's new series "Last Car Standing", so I just wanted to say That it seems like the perfect thing for BeamNG. For those of you who haven't seen it, I could not find any good videos on youtube, so I will just quote from the Discovery Channel website:

Every episode of Last Car Standing features five diverse and fun-loving drivers, trapped in a love-hate relationship with an embarrassing clunker, who put it all on the line through four brutal rounds of competition for the chance to restore their ride to its original glory!

One by one, each eliminated driver must watch as their beloved beater gets impaled on our massive Spike of Shame! But the driver with the Last Car Standing gets a $10,000 automotive upgrade and best-beater bragging rights, or the chance to return for the Grand Finale to compete against other champion beaters for a $50,000 "better-than-new" vehicle restoration and the title of The Ultimate Last Car Standing!

Each episode, cars are grouped according to class (or lack thereof!) from rusty old "Boats", to sub-standard Subcompacts; from faltering 4x4s to rundown Vans, to suspect "Sporty", Midsize, and Economy cars. Each group is put through four elimination rounds until there is a sole "car-vivor"!

Challenges get progressively more intense with increasing chance of automotive destruction! Starting with a race around our treacherous Hot Lap in Challenge #1; to a grueling climb, tow or catapult up our giant adjustable hydraulic Ramp in Challenge #2; then a Head-to-Hea
    d-to-Head battle up and down (and over and around the obstacles!) on the dreaded Drag Strip in Challenge #3; and ending with a final showdown in the Beater Buster - the ultimate, punishing, automotive obstacle course designed to test each beater's capabilities to the limit!

Once the Beater Buster is complete, our remaining two competitors are positioned at the Spike of Shame to await the final results. The tension mounts until the giant Claw grabs the losing car and impales it on the Spike! The remaining car is crowned the Last Car Standing! Will the driver accept the $10,000 automotive upgrade, or come back and compete for a $50,000 beater resurrection?!

In my opinion, this would be the perfect combination of endurance, skill, and destruction. It would make for a great online game mode as well.

As always, let me know what you think!

2. ProperTelevi

ProperTelevi
    Expand Collapse

Hey BeamNG!

Last Car Standing airs in Canada on Discovery, Mondays at 10pm ET, and repeats throughout the week.

You can watch full episodes online at Discovery.ca a week after the original airing.

You can also watch clips and follow the action at Facebook.com/LastCarStanding.

Have Fun!

3. Wheelie

Wheelie
    Expand Collapse

NO, I REFUSE
    spam

4. .Alpha

.Alpha
    Expand Collapse

Actually this is useful for me, thanks spambot! :D

5. ProperTelevi

ProperTelevi
    Expand Collapse

'twasn't a spambot - you are welcome!

6. luke198

luke198
    Expand Collapse

I am honestly quite surprised that no one wants to see cars get impaled on a giant spike. Oh well...:rolleyes:

7. GeoTelnet111

GeoTelnet111
    Expand Collapse

LOL, I was too busy trying to look up episodes. I really would want to see cars get impaled by things, in game. :cool:

8. luke198

luke198
    Expand Collapse

That is what I was trying to convey.;) Anyways, have fun with this: http://watch.discoverychannel.ca/#clip910346 (Car gets impaled at the end of the clip)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice