Cancelled Lake map

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by CarsRFun, Aug 22, 2018.

?

What should i do in the bottom right?

Poll closed Sep 8, 2018.
  1. Forest

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. MORE LAKE!!!

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Race track/rally area.

14 vote(s)
    58.3%
  1. CarsRFun

CarsRFun
    Expand Collapse

Okay, so this is my first map and it's based around a lake with hills on the side with a small town near. I have just began the rough look of it.

I want to add a small town in the bottom left and an off-road are at the hills in the north.
    I still don't know what to do in the bottom right so if you do have ideas please comment them.

I'm new to making maps so suggestions,tips and help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if someone could PLEASE tell me how to decals such as road markings on roads that would be a massive help.

Attached Files:

• 20180822174604_1.jpg
    • 20180822175214_1.jpg
    • 20180822175223_1.jpg
    • 20180822175238_1.jpg
    #1 CarsRFun, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Joku

Joku
    Expand Collapse

A smooth track for drifting would be nice instead of rally, but if theres space for both, it would be awesome

3. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Maybe the town can have the name "Impala"?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. CarsRFun

CarsRFun
    Expand Collapse

I like it.

5. CarsRFun

CarsRFun
    Expand Collapse

Little bit of progress not much. Still have to polish the roads a bit and need to add tress, rocks, finish the town etc and then might release the beta of it.

Attached Files:

• 20180826124009_1.jpg
  6. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

Alright, not bad for a first map. I might recommend making the lake smaller, though, since your landscape is pretty small to start with and the lake uses up a lot of space. You may also want to give the lake a little coarser of an edge, perhaps creating some form of cove or cape extending out of/jutting into the lake's edge, just to give it more definition (little in nature is a perfect circle). Lastly, you should add some smaller roads, like dirt roads or less maintained asphalt roads, but also add some rationale for using them. Make them the only paths that lead to points of interest, or reroute the main road so that the player has some incentive for using the smaller one(s) as a shortcut.

These ideas do not necessarily need to be implemented, but are good food for thought.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. CarsRFun

CarsRFun
    Expand Collapse

Hmm they seem like really good suggestions, i'll see how it goes and try my best to implement them. Thanks.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also whenever i paint trees and make a new forest it makes these old trees from grid map appear if someone could please tell me how to stop this from happening for good instead of having to erase them each time that would be a massive help.

Attached Files:

• 20180826145647_1.jpg
  8. Gamergull

Gamergull
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Forests can be buggy. I ran into this problem, and I don't know the best way to get around it. What I tried was going into levels/map/forest and deleting all except one of the files (doesn't matter which one). This seems to prevent most of the old trees reloading into the map. This bug really needs to get fixed.

Edit: Try this, maybe. https://www.beamng.com/threads/bizarre-town-in-my-map-that-wont-go-away.51223/

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. EnjoyMyHItsYT

EnjoyMyHItsYT
    Expand Collapse

Looks Like a Donut.. xD

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice