WIP Beta released kStor2poche's ReShade presets (wip forever)

Discussion in 'Utilities and programming' started by kStor2poche, Aug 21, 2017.

1. kStor2poche

kStor2poche
    Expand Collapse

Hello and welcome to the (almost) brand new thread dedicated to :

k2p's ReShade presets

So, first is my initial "technicolor reborn" preset thread, wich contains all the informations you need to install it but also some screenshots etc. etc.
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE
    kStor2poche'S Technicolor reborn thread

Hello, kStor2poche's technicolor reborn is a graphic enhancer for BeamNG.drive based on the reshade post processing injector. It tries to mimic a three strip technicolor effect used back in the 50's to render colors wich involves a
    retro purple-ish (/!\ now avaible in a tintless version for a lighter experience /!\) look !

Before going into subparts, I recommend you to look @cessni 's and @Car_Killer 's graphics enhancers if you don't like mine (go to additional infos subpart)
    and recommend you to use @cessni 's texture mods in combination with my preset (go to downloads and use conditions subpart)

Screenshots :

Feel free to post yours on this thread, best ones will be put here

Bruckell Moonhawk :

Gavril Grand Marshall :

Ibishu Hopper :

Hirochi Sunburst :

Gavril D15 :

ETK K-Series :

Ibishu 200bx :

ETK I-Series (cabrio mod) :

Summary table

• Screenshots
    • Comparison screenshots
    • Downloads and use conditions
    • Installation
    • Your preset isn't working !
    • Additional informations
    • F.A.Q
    • Credits

Downloads and use contitions

Reshade framework : mediafire link (click only on the green button with "DOWNLOAD (22.77 MB)" in it to download it)
    Technishade preset (v1.0) : mediafire link (click only on the green button with "DOWNLOAD (24.05 KB)" in it to download it)
    kStor2poche's technicolor reborn (aka technishade v2.0) : mediafire link (click only on the green button with "DOWNLOAD (26.5 KB)" in it to download it)
    kStor2poche's technicolor reborn UNTINTED : mediafire link (click only on the green button with "DOWNLOAD (26.5KB)" in it to download it)
    @cessni 's texture mods : beamng mod page link
    By downloading these files (except @cessni ones), you agree with all the use conditions of my preset :

1. You can't reupload this preset anywhere without my permission and without mention me.
    2. You can upload videos*, tweaks, and screenshots** of my preset on other platforms that beamng's one but only if you mention me at least one time.
    3. You can upload videos and screenshots of my preset without mention me if it's on BNG forums excepted if it's to claim this preset as yours.
    4. You can upload tweaks on BNG forums but for this one, you'll have to contact me by pm with screenshots of your preset and I'll say you if you have to mention me or not.
    5. In all cases, you cannot claim "kStor2poche's technishade graphics enhancer" or "kStor2poche's technicolor reborn" as yours.
    6. You also agree to all reshade use conditions (go at https://reshade.me/ and click on "privacy policy" at the end right of the page to see them).

*by videos I mean videos that have my preset as main content.
    **if my preset is the main thing you want to show.

Installation

1. Extract the "ReShade" folder, "ReShade.fx" and "ReShade64.dll" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BeamNG.drive\Bin64".
    2. Rename "ReShade64.dll" to "d3d11.dll".
    3. Put "kk2ptr.zip" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BeamNG.drive\Bin64\ReShade"
    4. Extract all 4 files into the "ReShade" folder and replace.
    5. Done ! You should now enjoy my preset !

Your preset isn't working !

1. Double check all the files and correct missing files.
    2. Still not working ? Go in steam, right click on beamng in your steam library, then properties, go to the local files section and click on uninstall game (warning : you'll have to download all the game again) and try to install my preset again.
    3. Still not working o_O ? Describe entirely your problem in this thread and let the community makes its magic ;) !

Additional informations

• The performance cost of this preset is about
      10 fps with a pentium g3420 and a msi gtx 760 2GB oc and about 5 fps when upgraded to the same gpu w/ 8GB ram and a i5 4570 @3.2GHz
      2fps on an rx 580 8gb + 8gb of ram and an i5 4570 so, @cessni, please fix.
    • You can use "Scroll Lock" key to toggle the preset.
    • You can use "Print Screen" key to take screenshots. They are stored in the "Bin64" folder. Note : regular beamng photos also works with reshade presets !
    • If you are using a Nvidia GPU with HDMI, click here.
    • You can download and try @cessni 's and @Car_Killer 's preset respectively here and here !
    • To uninstall delete the "ReShade" folder, "ReShade.fx", and "d3d11.dll" in the "Bin64" folder.

FAQ

Error 404 : Empty subpart --> Ask your questions on this thread and the most commonly asked one will be shown here ;)

Credits

All the credits goes to :
    • The reshade team for the reshade post processing injector
    • @cessni for the base preset (btw a big thanks to him for letting me post this thread and introducing me to reshade)
      [*]Me for tweaking his preset untill getting this.
    • @cessni for kind of learning me to edit a reshade preset
    • Me for making the preset

/
    !\ IMPORTANT NOTE /!\ : if this preset is mentionned as kStor2poche one, it's just because it's my "new" name ;) so absolutely no unauthorised thread or stolen work !

So, coming next is my NEEEWWWW PRESEEEET !!!! Just press the button below to unveil it ;)
    no, but seriously, it's probably one of the best I've done so far ^_^
    So, what is this famous preset all about ?

kStor2poche's golden dream is a preset inspired by the look and feel of the movie "The golden dream", but I'll let you see by the screenshots !

So here they are !

and if you want a reference, here are the comparison screenshots :

So, now that you've looked all these, purely subjectively beautiful or not pictures ( even if, if you are still there, you surely find them blyatiful ;) ) let's get to the...

Summary table

• Screenshots
    • Comparison screenshots
    • Downloads and use conditions
    • Installation
    • Your preset isn't working !
    • Additional informations
    • F.A.Q
    • Credits

So, let's make the point on what you need to do to get the preset here in the section named...

Downloads and use contitions
    Reshade framework /!\ not the same version as the technicolor reborn preset /!\ : mediafire link (click only on the green button with "DOWNLOAD (4.04 MB)" in it to download it)
    k2p's golden dream preset : mediafire link (click only on the green button with "DOWNLOAD (9.56 KB)" in it to download it)
    ReShade custom shader collection (from @Brother_Dave 's preset) : mediafire link (click only on the green button with "DOWNLOAD (7.69 MB)" in it to download it)
    @cessni 's texture mods : beamng mod page link
    By downloading these files (except @cessni ones), you agree with all the use conditions of my preset :

• You can upload videos*, tweaks, and screenshots** of my preset on other platforms that beamng's one but only if you mention me at least one time.
    • You can upload videos and screenshots of my preset without mentioning me if it's on BNG forums excepted if it's to claim this preset as yours.
    • You can upload tweaks on BNG forums but for this one, you'll have to contact me by pm with screenshots of your preset and I'll say you if you have to mention me or not.
    • In all cases, you cannot claim "kStor2poche's golden dream preset" as yours.
    • You also agree to all reshade use conditions (go at https://reshade.me/ and click on "privacy policy" at the end right of the page to see them).
    *by videos I mean videos that have my preset as main content.
    **if my preset is the main thing you want to show.

Installation (but this time it's a little bit longer :/ )

1. Double click on the file ReShade_Setup_3.1.1.exe. A window should open. Press the "Select game" button.
    2. In the other window that just opened, go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BeamNG.drive\Bin64" if your os is 64 bit compatible, or in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BeamNG.drive\Bin32" if it's 32 bit compatible then click on "Direct3D 10+" then move on to the next point.
    3. When it asks you to download a collection of shaders, click on the "yes" button and then, when it opens a new window, click on "ok" then close the window.
    4. Put the "k2p's golden dream.ini" file in the folder you selected for the installation.
    5. Put the "reshade-shaders.zip" file in the same folder, then extract it here and replace all the files.
    6. Done ! You should now enjoy my preset !

*video coming soon*

Your preset isn't working !

• Double check all the files and correct missing files.
    • Still not working ? Go in steam, right click on beamng in your steam library, then properties, go to the local files section and click on uninstall game (warning : you'll have to download all the game again), reinstall the game, then try to install my preset again.
    • Still not working o_O ? Describe entirely your problem in this thread and let the community makes its magic ;) !
    Additional informations

• There is still a little issue with the shaders collection that makes an error log window appear each time you start the game, so just close it and wait 'till I fix it (surely in a future v1.1)...
    • The performance cost of this preset is about 7fps on an rx 580 8gb + 8gb of ram and an i5 4570 so, it's a little bit less light than the other presets I've made so far...
    • You can assign a key or a combination of key to toggle the preset in the "Settings" tab of the window that appears when you press Shift+f2
    • You can use "Print Screen" key to take screenshots. They are stored in the "Bin64" folder. Note : regular beamng photos also works with reshade presets !
    • If you are using a Nvidia GPU with HDMI, click here.
    • To uninstall, simply do an integrity check in the beamng launcher.
    FAQ
    Error 404 : Empty subpart --> Ask your questions on this thread and the most commonly asked one will be shown here ;)

Credits
    All the credits goes to :

• The reshade team for the reshade post processing injector
    • @cessni for kind of learning me to edit a reshade preset
    • Me for making the preset

/!\ IMPORTANT NOTE /!\ : if this preset is mentionned as kStor2poche one, it's just because it's my "new" name ;) so absolutely no unauthorised thread or stolen work !
    Not true anymore ^_^

Oh, and btw, sorry for the double post I'm going to do to refresh that post and to post all the update changes ;)

#1 kStor2poche, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

Nice ReShade! Keep working ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. kStor2poche

kStor2poche
    Expand Collapse

PS : Feedback would be appreciated alot ^_^

#3 kStor2poche, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. bytx

bytx
    Expand Collapse

For me, it is way to dark and purpilish, you should probaly make the effect less powerful, If I can say so.
    -byotix

5. kStor2poche

kStor2poche
    Expand Collapse

wha
    To "fix" this, try to adjust in game gamma and say me if it's better

6. bytx

bytx
    Expand Collapse

I don't even have it, just saying by looking at the preview pics

7. kStor2poche

kStor2poche
    Expand Collapse

Yeah but looking at pics and trying it in game for at least two days isn't the same thing... It took me 2 to 3 hours to get used to it but if you feel again that it's to dark, augment gamma in the game options. It will also lower the effect a little bit...
    If it's still too powerfull and/or too dark for you, I will make a little guide for how to make it good for you in the faq.
    And, btw, most of the pics were taken in the morning or at (idk if "at" is the right word) sunset... If you want a reference, the upper left and upper mid screenshots were taken with the default beamng time.

#7 kStor2poche, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  8. Dean Wang

Dean Wang
    Expand Collapse

youtube vid tutorial please

9. kStor2poche

kStor2poche
    Expand Collapse

I'm to lazy to do this now but all the installation steps are already in the main thread.
    I'll maybe to this tomorrow ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. kStor2poche

kStor2poche
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for double posting to update but the installation video is now here ;)

#10 kStor2poche, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  11. Boxed_Potatoes

Boxed_Potatoes
    Expand Collapse

On the screenshots it has way to much tint, my opinion..

12. kStor2poche

kStor2poche
    Expand Collapse

Yes but this preset is not really a question of screenshot... Try it in game for 4h and then, please come back again ;)

13. kStor2poche

kStor2poche
    Expand Collapse

So ! I finally finished working on remaking this reshade from scratch and now it's far more light for both your computer and eyes and even more beautiful ! V2.0 is here ! Enjoy !

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sniper_x002

Sniper_x002
    Expand Collapse

IMO the vanilla game looks better. Everything looks extremely pink/purple. Perhaps your monitor's color settings are off?

15. kStor2poche

kStor2poche
    Expand Collapse

-_- please read the thread before repliying, it is mentionned that the preset is purple-ish and you have screenshots... BTW colors of my monitor are not off and on my note 4's amoled display, wich has outstanding color reproduction, it looks even better for me but, like most things in life it all comes to personnal preference...

ps : you btw maybe donloaded the 1st version wich is even more tinted than v2...

#15 kStor2poche, Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  16. Sniper_x002

Sniper_x002
    Expand Collapse

I know what you're going for, IMO it's just too purple. I'm just trying to give constructive criticism, you don't need to get defensive over it...
    Besides, other people feel the same way. Now of course we can't make you change anything (especially if you really do see the tint as ok), but these are just suggestions.

17. kStor2poche

kStor2poche
    Expand Collapse

Ok, first, all the posts befor our discuss is about v1 of the perset and second, here, telling me to remove a purple tint from a preset meant to be purple-ish is like saying to McDonald to remove the fish from their filet-o-fish... I mean, if you don't like it don't use it, that's all...

18. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

Woah, this is outstanding. I love this!

19. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

If you don't want the ugly purple tint, go to the k2ptr.zip file and open up SweetFX.CFG, then find this line

////---------------//
    ///**TECHNICOLOR**///
    //---------------////
    #define USE_TECHNICOLOR 1 //[Shared] //-TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4) 1

//>TECHNICOLOR settings<\\
    #define TechniAmount 0.50 //[0.00:1.00] //-
    #define TechniPower 4.30 //[0.00:8.00] //-
    #define redNegativeAmount 0.75 //[0.00:1.00] //-
    #define greenNegativeAmount 1.00 //[0.00:1.00] //-
    #define blueNegativeAmount 0.50 //[0.00:1.00] //-

Change the highlighted section from 1 to 0.

Makes the shader look fresh :cool:

20. kStor2poche

kStor2poche
    Expand Collapse

Thanks !

Yup, I could add another download for those who wants it without the tint but be aware this makes the shader a lot more saturated...

EDIT : looks much authentic and better when using 1.00 for red green and blue negative amounts and I think it's this one I'll add as a variant and will adjust the first post later

#20 kStor2poche, Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice