Johnny Wilsons ETK Transporter but with McLaren F1 Engine Swap cause why not

Discussion in 'Automation' started by PlayKoyote24, Aug 5, 2019.

1. PlayKoyote24

PlayKoyote24
    Expand Collapse

I wanted to make a McLaren F1. I don't have the F1s Body. So i downloaded the ETK Transporter by Johnny Wilson (Link: https://beamng.com/resources/1979-1985-etk-transporter.9364/ ) and put the F1s engine in.
    I also improved the tires and had to swap the gearbox. But it works now. To a certain speed because of aerodynamics...

Attached Files:

2. Johnny Wilson

Johnny Wilson
    Expand Collapse

Hi! I’m happy to see that you have downloaded my truck mod. And improving the tires and swapping the gearbox makes it more realistic. And putting an F1 engine in it makes it go faster. Which improves Tow capacity. Thanks for your mod as well!

3. PlayKoyote24

PlayKoyote24
    Expand Collapse

Well, the point wasn't to improve tow capacity...
    The F1 engine isn't really good for towing as it has the peak torque really late in the rev range.
    I just looked for a car where the F1 engine fits and where it doesn't make sense at all haha
    I'm happy ypu like it though^^
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, having a 650hp Pickup Truck is kinda hilarious^^

4. Johnny Wilson

Johnny Wilson
    Expand Collapse

Oh, interesting.

5. PlayKoyote24

PlayKoyote24
    Expand Collapse

For towing you don't need that much Power but torque. Like you atill need Power but Power is more important for speed, torque for heavy loads. That's why busses with only 400hp at their 12t still aren't that slow. Cause they have much torque and really early in the rev range.

6. Johnny Wilson

Johnny Wilson
    Expand Collapse

Okay. Thanks though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice