1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

jbeaming help

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by alentaylor22, Aug 24, 2021.

1. alentaylor22

alentaylor22
    Expand Collapse

Hello ive came across an issue and issue with a mod we are making
    so the issue is that one the body and frame are soft upload_2021-8-24_0-43-15.png
    and 2 the jbeam structure has these weird lines like these
    upload_2021-8-24_0-43-57.png upload_2021-8-24_0-43-15.png upload_2021-8-24_0-43-57.png
    we are stuck and could really use some help please

• Like Like x 1
  2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

This is what happens when you randomly connect beams to random nodes like you did here without knowing what you are doing at all... It can't work. You should learn where to put beams properly. From my experience, for individual body parts it's the best if you follow wht's done in the vanilla vehicles, with various beams with different values serving for different purposes. So you have some beams for the main shape, some surficial crossing ones that are easier to deform, rigid beams that are less stiff, etc. You might also want to set up some rigidifier nodes, it can be too soft without them. When connecting parts together, it's the best from my experience to attach each node from one part to 2 or 3 nodes from the other part that are close to it (but not too close, closer to like 5cm than like 1cm) and each one is in a different direction relative to that node, for example one is above, one on the left, and one in front of it. Then it comes to finetuning which can also take many hours and often you will have no idea what is wrong but it can turn out it was a simple thing you can fix in 2 seconds. I hope I have helped.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice