Jbeam Rework

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by nopeset0, Sep 19, 2024 at 7:10 PM.

1. nopeset0

nopeset0
    Expand Collapse

I thought about this for a lot of while but it sounds weird and does not make sense but here i am posting it anyways!
    Since jbeams are points and lines (nodes and beams) that beam ng bend based on interaction. and then bend the car's mesh too..
    Thus my idea is that since 3d models are polygons... why dont beam ng just take the 3d model add nodes on the corners of the polygons and uhh in the middle of polygons where there are no points make them beams.
    This shall highly increase simulation quallity and fix certain issues i suppose such as Interior crash simulation and car parts such as bumper and engine bay clipping with car wheels (Etk-I series)

2. Schmitti

Schmitti
    Expand Collapse

This wouldn't be able to run smoothly on any pc, which is not used by NASA. This video shows it pretty good

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. nopeset0

nopeset0
    Expand Collapse

then get one good pc used by nasa :)

4. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

Not a good idea, not only would there be like 100x more nodes to simulate, the engine would also need to run 100x as fast (numbers pulled out of my ass btw) so the cars remain stable, and i'm not sure it's possible to run something at 200kHz on a computer lol. There are a lot of other ways to improve what you said that are much more feasible, like adding beam collision, which is apparently something the devs are trying to do

5. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

As others said, It wouldn't run well, and it's also just not how the physics system works.

Physics structures are specially tuned, and constructed, and require lots of work to do so.
    If you turn a 3D model into a node/beam structure, it will just fall apart

Higher density structures would also in turn require a higher physics framerate. Currently physics are simulated at 2000fps and some people still struggle with just that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice