Is there a way to export damaged vehicles into blender??

Discussion in 'Utilities and programming' started by Dexter_Truant, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Dexter_Truant

Dexter_Truant
    Expand Collapse

Hello,

I'm new to the BeamNg forums so I apologise if this isn't the right place to post this thread.

I'm trying to find a way to export a crashed car model from BeamNg into Blender(or similar 3d software).
    The idea is that I could crash a car in-game, save its state, and then extract that saved state into a .dae file or something like that. I'd like to be able to create a rendered scene in Blender using the crashed car.

I have a feeling that this might not be possible, but I figured someone might have created an app that allows this kind of thing.

I hope that all made sense. If you have any info or suggestions I would love to hear them.

Happy Beaming,
    Dexter.

2. Nicelittle

Nicelittle
    Expand Collapse

Usually, if you want a pre damaged car you would import in the non damaged one, make the damaged parts then export it under a different file name then make a zip file with the right folder path and jbeam them. Usually the file path stuff is done first though. (This sounds really confusing but in practice it’s not) :D

3. Dexter_Truant

Dexter_Truant
    Expand Collapse

Hey, thanks so much for the reply.

I am a little confused initially tho (like you said :D), how exactly do I export the damaged car from BeamNG?

To be specific, I'm not looking to create a damaged car that I can load into a BeamNG scene. What I want to do is drive a car in the game, crash it, and then export the car in its crashed state into Blender. I want to use the damaged car as part of a scene/animation in Blender, I don't necessarily need to put the damaged car back in BeamNg.

Thanks Again :)

4. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

You can't physically export a damaged vehicle. Beamng doesn't use a damaged model of the vehicle when crashed, the jbeam physically warps the model. If you wanted a damaged vehicle you would have to model it in blender/3dsmax etc.

5. Dexter_Truant

Dexter_Truant
    Expand Collapse

Dang. I thought that might be the case.

Oh well, thanks for your help :)

6. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

I guess someone would have to create a program to export the current state of the mesh to a file type such as a .dae

But yea, as far as I know its not currently possible unfortunately :(

7. Dexter_Truant

Dexter_Truant
    Expand Collapse

I'd be so keen to know if someone ever makes something like that. Seems like it would be super difficult to do tho...

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice