1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Is BeamNG. Drive losing Popularity?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spencer Johnson, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Spencer Johnson

Spencer Johnson
    Expand Collapse

Beamng Drive seems like it's down falling, the amount of downloads in the last most "popular" maps / cars have gone down drastically

Also the amount of views on videos for Beamng have gone down, idk if this is true, but to me it's seems so, so this is just my view of things, I may be wrong.

The peak time RANGE seemed to be around 2014 - 2016
    The peak time for me seemed to be around August 2016

The "downfall" seemed to be end of 2017 to now

August 2016 - Jan 2017 PICTURE OF DOWNLOADS
    Screenshot_12.png Screenshot_11.png

September - October 2017 Picture
    Screenshot_10.png

Most viewed Beamng in the past month only hit 1 million views, while in august 2016, most beamng views hit 1 million

Views for past month Screenshot_13.png

I'M NOT HATING ON BEAMNG! Just seems to me it's going downhill, still a big community around it THAT I LOVE! I LOVE BEAMNG and HATE seeing this happen :( Beamng is NOT Dead in my mind, and it'll never be!!!!

:(

#LetBeamngFlourishAgain
    #Beamng4Life

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

To be honest I think BeamNG isn't losing popularity. It just happens that videos get more views around major updates, and there hasn't been one in a while. Just wait and see how many "SMASHING THE NEW GAVRIL!!!" videos with colorful thumbnails clearly designed to appeal to children get made when the next big update comes along :)

• Agree Agree x 18
  3. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Maybe because the game has nothing fun in it anymore. All you do is crash cars and drive them around. No campaign, some scenarios, but no real objective. I quit playing because the lack of content. Yeah, few cars keeps me coming for maybe 4 weeks but then I get tired of mindlessly driving around or crashing my car into a wall.

I wouldn't say it's losing popularity but it's not really gaining any either.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. titantls

titantls
    Expand Collapse

Its not losing popularity. At least I dont think so. The videos are generally just getting boring to people (Including me) The only beam videos I watch are YBR and FrlzErls. Its not that i'm getting board of the game, its just I dont feel like watching crashes. I want to do it myself. As for the community, I feel like a lot of members are reaching the age where they are losing time to them selfs (Work school ect) They cant play the game as much. There also has not been that many super original mods. (NOT hating on any modders or mods) Now that the game is in really good development, people are enjoying the game as it is. I only have about 20ish mods active.(Witch is a small amount considering I have 200 on my pc.) I have not been on beam's steam page lately but there seems to be a lot of new people. New people join the forum everyday! (12 joined today!)

Sooooo there is my 2 cents.

• Agree Agree x 10
  5. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

It's because of the terrible community, with people trying to get others banned by spamming their profiles revealing their age. People are always putting each other down all the freaking time. No one is ever nice to each other. I have seen people literally make plans to try and get someone banned. This community is going the wrong way because of a few unnamed forum members. Please, I am begging all of you to be nice to eachother! Please! We cannot let this community die!

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Spencer Johnson

Spencer Johnson
    Expand Collapse

What makes the game fun for me is making maps
    --- Post updated ---
    Haha, I know your not hating on modders but Death valley is an original mod haha

7. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

of course it's losing popularity

you have a game nominally about crashing cars, in development for years

it's not technically released

updates are infrequent at best

beamng car crash videos were trendy, at a certain time, they aren't now, all trends die

the game has mainly received back door improvements that your average consumer won't know or care about

mod installation is too roundabout for your average consumer to understand

I can't speak to the mindset of one who would make mods, for any game, personally, but unless I had some strangely strong enthusiasm for a certain vehicle I can't see putting in the effort, it requires such a specific set of skills

there is nothing wrong with "the community", "the community" is fine, any perceived drama is being blown out of proportion by the specific parties involved

• Agree Agree x 7
  8. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

I actually completely agree.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Spencer Johnson

Spencer Johnson
    Expand Collapse

Haha, I know your not hating on modders but Dea
    I completely agree too, and as a map maker, yes, it does take skill, well more time than skill, but skill takes time :)

10. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Simple answer: School started.

More detailed answer: School started, which means a large percentage of the game's audience is busy and doesn't have as much time to play as they did during the summer.

• Agree Agree x 18
  11. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

You have to take a look at the wider picture August and September are the times when school starts in Scotland where I am everyone went back to school in August I know the English go back about a month later I think they start in September or something so you expect to see a drop in views and stuff around this time when everyone is focusing on school work

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. carlosjr

carlosjr
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Saying the community is fine is basically equivalent to this video

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

IKR what happened to when everyone was nice on the forums and there was less toxicity?
    (Not trying to be rude.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

school only accounts for a drop from the summer vs school months, which is irrelevant to the visible drop over yearly scales

also, please, tell me, where you are assaulted with toxicity, where you are targeted, why the community is in shambles, show me, I beseech ya brahs, explain how it has become a wasteland making functioning society impossible

15. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

If you hate the game why did you join the community?

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. H/\Z/\RDOUS

H/\Z/\RDOUS
    Expand Collapse

i remember wanting to desperately download beamng when i was like 7 and then i forgot about it for a while and then when i was like 11 i remembered it and finally bought it and ive had so much fun ever since

17. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

I don't recall ever stating that I hated it, 2016-sama

if recognizing the fact that it is dropping from a peak in popularity due to several flaws means you hate it, that's pretty stupid

#17 TechnicolorDalek, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG has only been out for barely 5 years. How old are you?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

I never said I hated the game. I said some things about it that make it boring is things that I hate about it. It’s a really fun game, don’t get me wrong, but just boring due to lack of content.

You need to make a game fresh in order to keep the people in the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. H/\Z/\RDOUS

H/\Z/\RDOUS
    Expand Collapse

--- Post updated ---
    besides, i said like, as in around

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice