1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Is 4k not officially supported?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by PriusRepellent, Nov 2, 2019.

1. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

Just wondering because the game seems to hate switching to that resolution with the options. I did find that maximizing the window then pressing alt + enter causes the game to scale and run properly though. So, it works but the game almost has to be forced into it.

Also, if anyone's wondering no I'm not having performance issues with Beam at 4k, just weird GUI scaling problems when the mentioned workaround isn't used.

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Any resolution will work, the game does not really have major issue scaling to them.

Although there's a bug that appears on rare situations / particular setups, where fullscreen mode does not work properly (either the game does not stick to fullscreen, or it scales wrongly).
    A workaround for that is using borderless (as far your native resolution is 4K)

3. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

Yeah the game ends up not scaling properly and yes 4K is the native resolution of my monitor. Are any causes of the bug known? In my case, it ends up only using part of the screen with the rest filled in with pink or black.

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Yes, that's the bug I was mentioning. We don't have much information and could be triggering that, but seems to happen only on rare cases.
    Borderless should work as workaround, since your monitor is 4K too.

5. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

Is there any info I could gather to help it get fixed? I can reproduce the issue whenever I want to.

6. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Do you have other overlays, aside the Steam one?
    If so, try closing them.
    Also maybe try closing all the unnecessary / non essentials programs and check again

7. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

I got fullscreen working. Hardware acceleration on the GUI was causing most of the problem. Additionally, it was causing the GUI to freeze up. Additionally, the GUI's process became unable to be terminated by any means other than a full reboot. Never in my life have I ever seen a process behave like that before.

8. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

It's a very experimental feature, so could have problems on some setups.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice