1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Internal destruction

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chernobyl, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Chernobyl

Chernobyl
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone. Just wondering (and I greatly apologise if this has been done before) if there is a mod/way or possible implementation that will allow you to destroy internal components and remove fluids. Say you are driving at 70 and you can just remove the oil or coolant and wait for the inevitable catastrophic engine failure. If this hasn't/ won't be done who thinks it is a good idea?

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. blackjack8289 2

blackjack8289 2
    Expand Collapse

I like the idea of the oil being able to be removed so the engine blows up.

3. brianvalk

brianvalk
    Expand Collapse

but then only the best of the best pc's could run those kind of physics cause of the huge amounts of calculations that are needed

4. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

No it wouldn't, all it would be is a simple lua trigger that tells the game that oil and water volume is 0 when the function is executed.

5. Chernobyl

Chernobyl
    Expand Collapse

Yeah exactly I don't mean like oil spills out everywhere and stuff I just mean remove it totally from the engine. Or even major components like clutches and stuff so the gearbox just seizes I don't know but I know you know nothing about BeamNG you know? KNOW KNOW KNOW

6. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

It's quite simple actually. For example, let's say you can destroy the oilpan and leak oil. Just add a few lines of code that tell the game the oil level is dropping, and the more oil is lost the more the engine heats up. If the oil reaches 0 the engine will seize in a short ammount of time (Similarly to how the engine thermals work)

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice