1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Interesting game breaking situation

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by crazikyle, Jan 8, 2018.

1. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

I was playing around on gridmap when I encountered a game breaking situation. This has crashed my game everytime and thrown the same error everytime I've tried it. Using a hillclimb SBR4, a custom ETK I series, and another car, I can make the game run out of memory. All I need to do is set it up so that the SBR4 and the ETK are doing donuts, and drive around them in another car and the game will throw an error saying it's trying to use more memory than is available in a minute or two. Error here:
    BeamNGdrivex64_2018-01-07_18-52-27.png

Task manager claims I'm only using 1.4 gigs at the time of the crash:
    Taskmgr_2018-01-07_20-25-58.png

Fro reference, I have 16 gigs of ram and a 1080ti with 12 gigs of video memory. Why would this error happen? I doubt that I'm actually maxing out on RAM. What could cause this crash?
    Speccy64_2018-01-07_20-45-07.png

And here's a video with the situation that creates the crash:

The surround sound messing up is occurs in game too, it's not an error. That could be part of the issue.

2. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

I have no idea why it'd crash, but all I can think is the amount of skid marks and smokes, particles in general...Still doesn't figure out the 1.4 - 16 GB problem...

3. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

I don't think it's the skid mark effect, the game limits how many of those decals there can be at once. If you notice the skid marks behind the grand marshall vanish very quickly because the other two cars are constantly creating new ones.

4. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

I do know that, even if it were the skid marks, your pc would have to be very slow for it to shut down like that, and I can tell it isn't.

Maybe its an overload on the game? Because, I don't think skid marks disappear that quickly on normal play, so the engine may be trying to run quicker...who knows, only devs...might know...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice