Intel i9-9900k build for beamng.

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by JDMClark, Mar 6, 2019.

1. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Time has come for me to update my pc.. I orignally had a i7-3770k that was bomb at beamng for the longest till it failed on me. I went with a i3-7350k and mobo for cheap from my friend a few months back with plans to do a build later. I will say for cheap the i3-7350k does a fantastic job on beamng. 3-4 cars is its limit. Anyways what kind of performance should i be seeing with a i9-9900k in beamng. My nvidia 780 died on me as well so im rocking a molasses slow 645de atm until i put together a few more pennies for a new gpu. Already ordered the i9-9900k, asus maximus hero xi,nvme 1tb intel ssd, corsair ram 16gb to upgrade my rig. I'd rather drop big money on individual parts rather then spread the wealth on a bunch of mid range stuff.

2. Jetpackturtle

Jetpackturtle
    Expand Collapse

at least a 2070, with an i9 you probably want to go with a 2080/2080ti or an AMD Vega series
    you also may want to consider 32 GB+ of RAM with your build

3. Deleted member 126452

Deleted member 126452
    Expand Collapse

32GB of RAM is unnecessary but it's true that a 9900k can bottleneck anything in the world.
    For gaming you're good with a 8/9600K, i9s and stuff are for bragging rights.

4. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Bragging rights lol, it kills it in beamng. other then my gpu getting bogged down the 9900k holds up well. The traffic tool mod running i could manage 10 cars before gpu couldnt manage the polys anymore lol. Definitely time to get a gpu

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. A Turbocharged Turbocharger

A Turbocharged Turbocharger
    Expand Collapse

I'd go with a 1080 ti if you can find one. Ray tracing is irrelevant, hope they come out with a high end 16 series gpu soon. For right now, I'd suggest a 2080

6. BeamCarHomeTrade

BeamCarHomeTrade
    Expand Collapse

bruh get an ryzen 3k series +1080ti,i9 is an overkill

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. A Turbocharged Turbocharger

A Turbocharged Turbocharger
    Expand Collapse

You saw the warning at the bottom, there is no reason to bump this thread.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice