Individualized transmission for autos

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Antonov225, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Antonov225

Antonov225
    Expand Collapse

While the universal "PRND21" system in use is currently great, it could still be improved on. When I think of the D-series, the first thing that comes to mind is a GMT 400 platform truck, which has a "PRND321", allowing you to set 3rd gear as the max, which is currently unavailable on the current build of BNG. However, I understand that the D-series is purely fictional. But every single truck-like vehicle, and most older autos, have had an "O/D off" button, still allowing you to only use the first 3 gears. On vehicles like the Moonhawk this isn't a problem, but vehicles like the Pessima, 200BX, Covet, H-series, ect. should at least have an "O/D off" mode. Just an idea.

Edit: Also, any estimated time on proper transfer case simulation?
    *Disclaimer: I DD a manual Miata, pelase don't kill me for owning an automatic pickup

2. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

The thing with this is that vehicles in the game don't really seem to have much of an overdrive. Like if you're cruising along at 40 in 3rd gear and 2.5k rpm, the transmission won't grab 4th and get the rpm down as far as possible.
    It'd be nice to have a proper O/D

3. KiloHotel

KiloHotel
    Expand Collapse

The automatic transmissions really need a complete overhaul, far too simplistic at the moment. It just has an RPM range within which it shifts. Right now torque converters act the same as clutches, the transmission doesn't use any sort of physical feedback from the vehicle (other than speed) to shift like a real one does, just your throttle input and speed. The way it is now works, but it could be a lot better.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice