Independent rear Suspension: D-series, H-series, Roamer, Pickup, Van, SUV

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Divepunk, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Divepunk

Divepunk
    Expand Collapse

Yes I've made this thread before. . .

https://www.beamng.com/threads/inde...-series-h-series-roamer-pickup-van-suv.58977/

. . .I tried to bump it but apparently it's to old now for me to do that so I'm making it again. In hopes that someone will make an IRS for at least the D-series(I know I aint gonna be modding one I work on Jbeam files a little but that is about it).

Anyway yeah Independent Rear Suspension. Even with the new official Baja configs for the D-series nothing bigger then an 'ETK 800' that has IRS Official or even any mod I've ever been able to find. It is surprising to me with all the mods that exist Ones that make the T-series 6x6, or even drop the city bus engine into the Covet. but no D-series IRS somehow.

Anyway I look forward to what ppl have to say on this topic now. Also of course anyone taking it to heart and making it so the D-series finally 4WIS

2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

The Gavril Barstow F2 mod is on the D-Series frame and has an IRS available, is that enough for you?

3. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

really?

4. Divepunk

Divepunk
    Expand Collapse

--- Post updated ---
    Not quite. That is not a D-series or any of the others listed. I'm talking a rear suspension you can select for a default vehicle like the H-series. just as you can the solid axle and the 3-link solid axle. Not some mod that simply utilizes the pickup frame but is not one. I can't just download the mod you mentioned, and then put it's IRS onto like a Roamer by just opening the in-game suspension tab and selecting it as it would not be there.

5. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

Make it yourself. Nobody's going to make you a mod for free for no reason unless they want to make the mod themselves. You're not "unable to Jbeam", you're just too lazy to learn how to

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Divepunk

Divepunk
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, lazy, right... I'm not going to get into any of the hows or why's I have not tried to make a mod I suggest. Nor do I see a problem with someone trying to inspire experienced users. Maybe even some that are decent in 3D modeling to make something like what I've been suggesting. I do however see your comment as a form of trolling. No need to jump into someones forum all gungho ~~NO you make it! nobody else gonna!!~~ It's like OIC. . . so you speak for every single user amazing... *golfclap*

Don't reply to my forums unless you have something useful or nice to say, it's just a waste of mouse clicks to check out a reply to my forum for it to be crap like you posted.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

you made 2 threads asking for the same thing which is against the forum rules. I'm not trolling nor am I being agressive, I simply stated facts. I don't think anyone on the forums ever made a mod "on request", like you are asking someone to do here. If you really want one then go pick up Blender (which is free, by the way), check out a few modeling tutorials, move the front suspension from the d-series to the rear, make it fit somehow, then jbeam it.

Other than that I don't think anyone is ever going to do an IRS mod for the d-series because it makes little to no sense and at this point working on the d-series is practically impossible considering the huge amounts of content that revolves around it in the game files. Please do not make a 3rd thread asking for the same thing if this one gets ignored again for valid reasons. Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Lucas said it in a bit of a tone but he’s right, this stuff takes work and if you aren’t willing to do it yourself someone sure as hell isn’t gonna do it for you for free. Bring money into the equation.. then maybe.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

if you are willing to make it yourself, there are people on the modding for dummies discord who would be willing to give you advice.

• Like Like x 3
  10. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

They ban people for no reason tho

11. Divepunk

Divepunk
    Expand Collapse

Lol, the only reason I didn't continue on with the old thread I made was when it came to my mind for whatever reason about it and I tried to bump it it was to old(Prolly keep in mind to keep tab on this one tho).

Honestly if nobody ever makes the mod, including myself so be it.(May likely be something officially added into the game at some point anyway).

Not likely I'll make a third thread anyway despite what others may or may not want, especially as I will keep up on this one. Hopefully all this needless controversy does not drive anyone away.

Like I said I aim only to inspire others to potentially make the mod I suggest. Posting to tell me all the "Make it yourself." stuff is pointless. Simply comment I could make it myself leave a few suggestions maybe and let it be. I did not start this thread either time to make an argument of it.

Please do not post here unless you agree with what this forum is about(making IRS for the D-series or any official vehicle on that frame). Or you want to try your hand at it.

12. Szymon2007

Szymon2007
    Expand Collapse

You could do what @D-Troxx did and take suspension off of an existing car.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Divepunk

Divepunk
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, Thank you. I've mildly thought of trying something maybe. Not sure I will, but it's the most I've really pondered trying to make a mod myself I think in my 4-5 years in BeamNG. Though with all the stuff I do trying to also make a mod too? lol maybe someday. . .

14. Lucas Mess

Lucas Mess
    Expand Collapse

I just started a personal project to modify the front independent suspension both dae and jbeam to fit the rear of the frame. Dae mesh is done, I think it looks good. I am going to have to add a 10.5cm offset to front wheels so they track with the rear in its current state. I think I have 6 hours in figuring out the jbeam already (not an experienced coder)

I'll try to remember to post up some pictures of current progress. When it's done (if it works) I'll post the mod.

Because this is a common suspension for all the vehicles you requested, this should be available to all of them under suspension selection option. (I'll do my best).

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lucas Mess

Lucas Mess
    Expand Collapse

This is what I have on the mesh so far. still working on the jbeam.

Attached Files:

• Screenshot1.png
    • Screenshot2.png
    • Screenshot3.png
    • Screenshot4.png
    • Like Like x 5
  16. Szymon2007

Szymon2007
    Expand Collapse

That's real nice mate!

17. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

This is actually looking legit and not just slapped on there, good job!

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Divepunk

Divepunk
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, been.. busy more or less. I visited the site today and had several messages from forums at the top vs the usual 3-4.

Ho damn, is that really an IRS for like a D-series? Dude!. . and it even looks pretty decent I'd be lying if I said I was not both surprised and impressed.

Weather or not you did it on account of my posting for it is irreverent(though if it has anything to do with my forum topic as some kinda inspiration I'm glad I was persistent on the topic lol). I'm just glad to see something that I have been anticipating to be made for the D-series for years to be at least attempted.

Keep it up yo!!

19. Lucas Mess

Lucas Mess
    Expand Collapse

Thank you all for the good feed back. I have run into a road block with the jbeam. I can't seem to attach the wheels to the new suspension. Or at least I can't get them to stick around. As soon as I load up the new suspension the rear wheels launch. I caught them in a freeze frame and the hubs are blowing out of the middle of the rims. Anyone experienced with attaching wheels?

20. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I've had this too and idk how to fix it, I think you should check how it's done in independent rear suspensions of other in-game cars

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice