Improvement of crash scenes

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by InfernoWolf00, Dec 25, 2020.

1. InfernoWolf00

InfernoWolf00
    Expand Collapse

Hey, how's everyone? Good job on the new update to start..

I've been working previously in a towing company , basically towing crashed cars. I was thinking what could BeamNG Drive do to improve the visuals of crashes? There's obviously multiple, paint chipping etc etc..

But once I arrive on a crashed scene, the most annoying and eye catching thing is the fluids, mainly coolant and oil. Front end impacts or a struck block will cause oil to flow and it causes major hazards from slipping to whatnot..

How could you implement it into BeamNG Drive?

Well, I see it as quite simple I mean I'm no developer but I'm imagining the same sort of visuals as tire marks on the road. Obviously you can go into depth by making it flow out of the engine or the whereabouts of the engine. But for a start I'm thinking making the physics detect a major collision in the engine block (same as the engine being disabled after a front end collision) or use the front end collision aspect but add a.. let's say 30% chance of oil leaking and going on the floor. To sum it up, put a expanding sprite that resembles oil from where the engine is currently present. You can also work with this a lot of ways such as making it slippery, and then maybe go into making oil kegs. Lots of ideas go through my head when oil is put into the question..
    But I'd mainly like to see oil be present after a impact to add realism.

Kind Regards - Mantvydas.

Attached Files:

• edited.jpg
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice