Improve how the AI police functions

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by carnox7, Aug 22, 2019.

1. carnox7

carnox7
    Expand Collapse

Currently, the AI police tries to go head-on and smash your car, or form very bad roadblocks. or stop pursuing you when you are ahead of them

Here are some improvements I propose:

• Police should attempt to catch up to you if you overtake them or they are behind you
    If you are behind a police car, the police should block the road
    If the police is in the opposite direction as you, they will turn around and block the road.
    The police should also be more riskier
    • Heavily damaged/totaled police vehicles should stop chasing you
    To "Total" a police car, you will need to cause heavy damage to the car (Destroy a wheel/engine/driveshaft/etc)
    • If you are busted, your "holding time" depends on how many "infractions" you did
    Something like: Bounty = VehiclesDestroyed*(MaxSpeed+PursuitTime)
    If VehiclesDestroyed < 1 then
    VehiclesDestroyed = 1

If this value is over 125, you will get busted instead of ticketed
    Holding time is Bounty/20 with a minimum of 5 seconds
    • Add a GUI that shows how much time you have before you get busted/evade in a police chase
    • Cops should be on the minimap/navigation
    Cops are blue on the minimap if they are not chasing you
    Cops are red and blue on the minimap if they are chasing you

I know the police system is very basic and just a WIP, and some of these changes might require a major rework to the AI, but I think some of these changes are needed in newer adaptations of the system

• Like Like x 2
  2. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

I like most of the ideas, though I don't think there should be a timer until you escape the police. It brings a bit more adrenaline when you have no clue where the police are and when they will give up.

I also do think that the totaled police cars is a good idea. Could use the same or similar system the scenarios use. I think instead of not chasing you anymore, they won't respawn for 5-10 seconds (Hopefully customizable)

Overall, I would love the update to police AI. I was thinking that the police should pull over to the side of the road if the criminal is behind them, going in the same direction. I'm not sure what could happen with the AI turning around though, yet the turning around needs to be fixed in general (Cars get stuck so often)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice